Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I'm using a HP 720c printer with a parallel to usb cable.  After installing the printer drivers on Windows 7 64-bit and then applying the patch I was able to print successfully.  Unfortunately there's still one major issue with the printer drivers.  Anytime I try to align the cartridges explorer crashes.

Steps to reproduce crash:

1. Start > Devices and Printers

2. Right click on HP Deskject 720c

3. Click Printer Properties

4. Click Services tab

5. Click align print cartridges

6. Explorer then crashes

How can I align the print cartridges with the current drivers?

HP Recommended

Have HP 722C Deskjet connected via Parallel/USB cable to laptop running Vista 64 bit. Believe I have loaded the driver and I have downloaded the Patch and moved the three files. Printer port is "USB virtual printer port for HP deskjet 720C". I obtain no activity from the printer, print documents are listed in the queue. Any suggestions?

HP Recommended

I'm at my wit's end.Have Windows 7. I applied the patch for my Deskjet 720C using the drag method. The dll files all showed up in the window but printer is still not working.

Any suggestions? I hate to have to buy a new printer, or should I go back to XP? this whole process has been taking hours of my life away.

Any help would be appreciated.

Pat

HP Recommended

OK, so I applied the DJ_Patch as described.  I have Windows 7, 64 bit and an HP Deskjet 722C.  Tried to print test page, but got printer error.  Tried to add printer, looking for the 722C but it's not on the list, even tried doing Windows Update to look for my printer.   Tried restarting, that didn't work either.  Still getting printer error.  I appreciate any other suggestions.

HP Recommended

I have deskjet 722C and it says at HP that I don't need to download a drive3r since it is already included on Window 7. When I try to "add a printer"  deskject 722C is not included on the list of HP nor the 810 and 820. How do I add the driver?

HP Recommended

For the Deskjet 722 use the Deskjet 720c driver available through Windows Update.

720c.png

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Just want to thanks you.... a lot. I am from France, i just buy a new computer with windows 7 (argggggggg) nothing was seem to work with my dear old printer which never let me down.... supplier french advise was : buy a new printer !!!!, I follow your post without any problem, and YES it works, it really made my day !!!

HP Recommended

My HP Deskjet 722C is now working!  I spent several hours trying different things only to find out it was the cable we were using to connect the printer to our new computer.  There wasn't much info on the cable package but if you looked closely it said it worked only with Win XP, Vista and ME.  Once we went and purchased a new cable ($40, yikes!!), we were up and running within minutes.  I'm sure a less expensive cable is available online.

I wanted to post this in hopes of saving someone else frustration, time and money.

HP Recommended

I'm using a HP Deskjet 710C with Windows 7 via a usb-to-parallel cable.

I've copied the DLLs, but all I get when I try to print is the printer icon in the status bar saying that 0 documents are queued (which is an improvement on the spooler crash message, but still pretty useless!).

Admittedly, the cable says that it works up to Vista, but I assumed that since it had installed automatically and the computer was able to recognise the printer that this didn't matter (that is, the packaging was made before Windows 7 was released).  Of course, I could sound pretty stupid here if that's normal behaviour for a cable without the correct driver!  I'm not particularly tech-savvy.

HP Recommended

Will this patch work for 1120C printer?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.