Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Still doesn't work I'm ready to pull my hair out!

HP Recommended

@jokomoko wrote:

Still doesn't work I'm ready to pull my hair out!

Without some details it will be impossible to help you.  How much free space do you have on your C: drive?  Did you log in as administrator?  What was the result of the sfc /scannow?  What error messages do you see?

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Thansk for your help I did get it to work, it was just a matter of moving it to another USB port on my laptop, for some reason the port it was on wasn't reading it properly. When I moved it to the new USB port it read it correctly and showed up in the device manger. From the device mangaer I updated the printer driver 720c and it worked. Thanks again for the patch.

HP Recommended

Thank you.  My Deskjet722C has outlived 4 other printers and I really didn't want to have to give it up because I had to purchase a new PC with Window 7.  This printer may not be as fast or quiet but it's great.  Thanks again for the fix

HP Recommended

#1# Why there is NO link to this patch in the software and support page of the printers????

It took me days to find this patch throght different searches on the Internet ... there are dozens of forums with post about people with the same problem (and testing weird solutions).

Please HP care about your loyal customers and put an easy access link in the support page of these printers!!! Thanks, Alejandro.

HP Recommended

I second this request to HP.  Many hours spent searching for a solution and finally extracting the key parts from this longgggggggg thread!  Many thanks to Bob and Alan.  The steps described and use of the patch attached my daughter's new laptop to our networked, trusted and reliable DJ712C,  Like others have said, this is an economical printer in draft mode, and although slow by today's standard, its reliability has far surpassed that of two "photo quality" printers purchased since.

HP Recommended

Just to say thanks so much for your invaluable info. Im a computer novice and to have HP deskjet 720 working on windows 7 is great and saved a bit of money.

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the patches!  The DLL's solved my problem with printing to an HP712C (via a Trendnet TE100-P1P server) from Windows 7 x64 on a Dell 1545 PC.

However, the print utilities, clean & align print heads, still don't work.  They crash Explorer.  I guess those functions use other DLL's.  Any chance of getting a patch for them?

Carey

HP Recommended

Hi:

I just wanted to say tx.  I tried to follow the instructions given by HP to download the 3 files and that is as far as I had gotten until I read this.

My printer is working now, tx to you

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.