Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet K5400
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Deskjet K5400 prints the first document perfectly.

Then all the cartredge lights come on and power button blinks.

Printer will not load another document form the computer until I power down the printer and power it back up.

The second document prints perfectly and the above condition repeats.  Cartreges have plenty of ink.

Any suggestions?

19Ford26

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@19Ford26

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP Officejet Pro K5400 Printer and after it prints the first document, the cartridge lights and the power button blinks. You have to restart the printer to make it print again. Again after it prints a page issue cycle repeats. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job. I'll love to help you with this case.

However, I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Did any changes take place on the printer (like cartridge replacement, paper jam, etc.) after which this issue may have started?
  • Have you tried to remove and reinstall the cartridges back?
  • Do you receive any error messages on the computer?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector. Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

If the issue still persists then please perform the steps as described in detail from this link: http://hp.care/2lEcmlc

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Please feel free to let me know how it goes. All the best! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.