Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8720
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just purchased the OfficeJet Pro 8720.  I have been unable to find the print preview option that was on my prior HP printer.  Has that been removed as an option, or am I just looking in the wrong place?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Driver only gives page layout preview option for paper size, margin etc.

But as you need Print preview option, that is onl avaialble as appliation level feature to show you the preview with your document contents.

For example - MS Word 2013 - You open a document >> Type the contents >> Click on Print icon or Click FIle>Print  >> here you should be able to see the document preview along with the driver selected preview.

Document will be color if you have selected Color printer, Or t would be graysale if the Grayscale is selected in COlor printer or The driver is mono driver.

Hope this information would be helpful to you.

Please do let us know the feedback.

Thanks

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi Buzz09,

To my knowledge, none of the HP printers have a driver with the print preview available.

The print preview would be accessible from the applications that you wish to print with.

Thank You!

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

View devices and printers under Control Panel,right click on your HP 8720 Printer one more time and left click on Printing Preferences
Click on the Finishing tab and check the box for Show Print Preview
Hit Apply and OK

"Although I am a HP employee, I'm speaking for myself and not on

behalf of HP"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped

you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted

Solution" .

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply; however, "Finishing" doesn't seem to be an option for me.  I only have "Layout" and "Paper/Quality."

HP Recommended

What you describe is exactly what I was looking for, but I am unable to find it as an option.  

HP Recommended

Hi,

Driver only gives page layout preview option for paper size, margin etc.

But as you need Print preview option, that is onl avaialble as appliation level feature to show you the preview with your document contents.

For example - MS Word 2013 - You open a document >> Type the contents >> Click on Print icon or Click FIle>Print  >> here you should be able to see the document preview along with the driver selected preview.

Document will be color if you have selected Color printer, Or t would be graysale if the Grayscale is selected in COlor printer or The driver is mono driver.

Hope this information would be helpful to you.

Please do let us know the feedback.

Thanks

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

HP Recommended

OK, thanks.  My previous HP printer had an option in the Tools section to get a final preview before the printing started on any print joy.  It came in handy several times.  We'll see how it goes with the new printer.  Thanks again.

HP Recommended

"Click on the Finishing tab and check the box for Show Print Preview"

The above does not exist on my OfficeJet Pro 8720.  I'm using latest W10 64bit & Word 2016.

My Print Preview window appears sporadically and does not show what will actually print.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.