Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Photosmart 2575
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I am trying to find the software for the scanning element for my printer - Photosmart 2575. It prints fine, but don't have anything to help it to scan to my old printer, now I have moved to a new laptop. The old laptop worked fine with scanning - you try to find the software on HP's site - the printer isn't even listed, so you can't even get through the maze of questions to  ven reach HP support, cos your product isn't listed!!

What a load of nonsense - never using an HP printer in future, this is ridiculous. No online chat, no phone number - I've heard of remote solutions but this is mind boggling. Do they are? I doubt it, cos they will never know people like me have a problem, cos they've built a wall around themselves. Amazing. Don't deserve my business in future ...

So, anyone know where I can download scanning software for a Photosmart 2575 (a product HP doesn't admit exists!)?

I wonder of HP is even listening / reading / cares one jot ...

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

You can use the in-OS drivers.

Win 10 In-OS drivers

Yes, the HP Photosmart 2575 driver is available in Win 10 IN-OS drivers.

Follow these steps

1. Right-click on the Start button (Windows icon)  select "Control Panel"

1. Under "Control Panel", select "View devices and printers"

1. Select "Add a printer"

1. If it finds your printer (assume you have your printer plug in via USB on your computer), follow the steps to install the In-OS drivers.  Else, select "The printer that I want isn't listed" > Next

1. In the next screen, select "Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings"  > Next

1. Select "Use an existing port:" > Next

1. Select HP > HP Photosmart 2570 series.  If it's not there, click on "Windows Update" (may take up to 10 minutes depending on how fast your broadband speed is)

Add a printer 5a Photosmar 2570 series.jpg

1.  Click "Next" and follow the remaining steps to install your printer driver.

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Hi,

The product is not listed as hp.com as this is a retired product, see below document:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/retired-products

You may download and install the Full Feature Software below, it should allow using your printer with full functionality:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL30951/mp-110165-3/AIO_CDB_Net_Full_Win_WW_140_408-5.exe

Be sure ot to plug a USB cable prior the installation guide you to do so.

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hello  Shlomi (or any other HP Experts)

Could you post the link to the same full feature scanning software for Windows 7 please (as opposed to Windows 10).

Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.