Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
LaserJet PRO MFP M125a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good morning,
I am in possession of a M125a HP LaserJet printer acquired in June 2016, still under warranty.
The printer appears to be working perfectly on Windows 7, but on windows 10 shows the driver incompatibility issues (with the latest drivers available from HP, dell 'August 2016). Practically, the driver installation on Windows 10 (anniversary update, the latest version) always gives me, every time it is performed, the same mistake that I provide image attachment.
It points out that the problem only occurs with the updated version of Windows 10, Number 1607; In fact, re-installing Windows 10 without any update, this problem is eliminated and the installation of the printer driver does not give any error. Unfortunately, in Windows 10, you can not lock system upgrades, and therefore, as soon as the computer connects to the Internet, you update all 'latest version and does not recognize the printer.
As precendentemente said, the re-installation of the driver is impossible.

Errore.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @ArgMario,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I see from the post that you are having issues installing your HP LaserJet printer on your computer running Windows 10. Don't worry we'll work together to find a solution for you,

Let’s try to fix this issue by doing a clean install. Follow the steps mentioned below:

• First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP LaserJet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Click the bottom-left Start button on desktop, type device manager in the search box and tap Device Manager on the menu.
  • Once in device manager, click on the view tab in the top & choose “Show hidden devices”.
  • Then from the device manager list, check the entries under “Printer”  – If there are any entries, please right click and choose “uninstall” – In the confirm device un-install pop-up, make sure you select the box which says “Delete the driver software for this device".
  • Also, check the entries under "printer queue" and "imaging devices" and repeat the same exercise. Delete any printer entry or any entry which says “Unknown device”.
  • Once done, close device-manger. Then press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
  • Once done you can try cleaning out your temporary files and cached files. You can try using automated applications like some cleaner software's that you can download from the internet.
  • Now restart your computer again.
  • Open the Run window again, type “services.msc” and press ok to get services window.
  • Scroll down to “Remote Procedure Call (RPC)” – right-click and go to properties. Make sure the service is started and startup type is “Automatic”.
  • Now scroll up and go to “Function Discovery Provider Host” – right-click and select properties – Change the startup type to “manual” and start the service.
  • Repeat the same exercise on “Function Discovery Resource Publication” as well.
  • Now click on http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/LES/M125/LJPro_MFP_M125-126_full_solution_15309.ex... and install the full feature software for your printer.
  • Connect the USB cable only when prompted.

I hope this works. Let me know how it goes for further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. 

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Good morning. I performing the described operations, but have not solved the problem. Restarting the installation, the error is always the same, of 'previous image, in the first post.

HP Recommended

Hi @ArgMario,

Thank you for replying,

As I understand you are still getting this error when restarting the installation. Don't worry as I have a few other steps which should help to resolve your issue.

Let's try these steps here:

1. Let's run sfc scannow on the PC that checks for system file corruption, using this link.

2. Next thing, I would suggest here is to install Windows built-in drivers, click here

I hope this should do the trick. Let me know if you need any further assistance.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.