Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro M402n
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am totally blind, and the CD supplied with my printer "bombs" with error that the HP shell stopped working when I tried to install the drivers on two of my three home PCs (it installed on one except for the Web Services).  I have searched the HP driver pages in an attempt to find the needed software for installation of the other two computers (all running Windows 10).  The driver section of the HP site is not "blind friendly" with a screen reader.  I would appreciate help to get me a link that will take me directly and reliably to the actual software I need.  I have no sighted help available to hunt up the driver software for me.  I found a massive table under Windows 10 support, but I was unable to find the actual software I needed.  The store where I bought the printer said that they could not provide the drivers to me on a thumb drive and that I would have to bring the computers to the store for them to load the drivers.  Getting the computers to the store would not be easy for me; besides, I ought to have a reliable copy of the drivers/software in case I had to reinstall it after a system crash.  I will appreciate any help you can provide to get the remaining two computers connected to the printer.  By the way, I really like this printer because it prints only black and white - exactly what I need in our home environment.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey Hautbois,

You can find the drivers for this printer here: http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=7458629&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4192.

If you have any additional questions, please let me know.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks, Helper.  I downloaded three files from the link you sent me; I'm not sure what all three files do.  I finally called GeekSquad online, and the fellow had the same issue as I did when he tried to run the "install" program he had.  He finally used a Windows utility to make MS Windows 10 somehow install it.  Still, I'm glad to have the three files I downloaded; I'll  appreciate knowing the purpose of all three of them. 

The printer is supposed to be able to address envelopes, but when I open the tray in front and slide the guides all the way out, a #10 envelope doesn't fit between them.  How do you make a #10 envelope feed in that manual tray?  I also hope that I can print single checks from a checkbook on that printer in much the same way as I would feed an envelope.  My ultimate goal is to move completely out of the old DOS system and be completely in a Windows environment.  I don't write many paper checks, but I'd like to do them on the HP Laserjet Pro M402 rather than the old KXP2180 now far past its expected life.

HP Recommended

Hey Hautbois,

You may have already attempted these steps already, but I would just like to cover all our bases. Here is a link on how to load envelopes into your printer:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04798431

This printer does support a #10 envelope. Make sure that you are putting the envelopes into Tray 1.

To see how you can adjust the paper-width in the tray, please refer to the printer manual, page 18 (below). This will explain how to adjust the paper-width better than I ever could.

http://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-c04639074-5.pdf

If you're still have issues, please let me know.

I am an HP employee.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.