Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 930c
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

I've inherited an HP Deskjet 930c and am trying to get a driver for it. Windows Update won't load one and my computer won't 'find' it. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Vaike

Thank you for posting back.

Follow below steps and check if it helps.

NOTE: If you are unable to find 930c, alternately you can install 932c,934c, 935c or 990c.

1. Make sure that the USB cable is not connected to the product. If the USB cable is connected to the product, disconnect it.

2. From the Windows taskbar, click the Windows icon, and then click Devices and Printers. The Devices and Printers window opens.

3. Click Add a printer. The Add Printer window opens.

4. Click Add a local printer.

5. Click Use an existing port.

6. Click the Use an existing port drop-down list, select LPT1: (Printer Port), and then click Next.

7. Under Manufacturer in the Install the printer driver window, click HP.

8. Under Printers, select Deskjet 990c alternate driver for the product, and then click Next.

9. In the Printer name text box, type the product name and then click Next. The print driver starts the installation process.

NOTE: The name of the alternate driver displays in the window as the default name. If you prefer, you can change the name of your product. This step is optional.

10. When the installation is complete, a message displays on the computer stating that the product was added successfully.

11. In the message window, click Finished.

12. Connect the USB cable to the product, and connect the USB cable to the computer. A Device driver software was not successfully installed window opens.

13. Click Close to close the window.  

Let me know how it goes. Awaiting your reply!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Vaike

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are unable to download the printer drivers.

I’d love to help!

Follow the steps in the below article to download and install the drivers for your printer.

http://hp.care/2cMYZIR

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi thank you. I followed that link before posting. The list of drivers my computer finds doesn't include Deskjet 930c, and the Windows Update doesn't seem to load any new ones...

HP Recommended

Hi @Vaike

Thank you for posting back.

Follow below steps and check if it helps.

NOTE: If you are unable to find 930c, alternately you can install 932c,934c, 935c or 990c.

1. Make sure that the USB cable is not connected to the product. If the USB cable is connected to the product, disconnect it.

2. From the Windows taskbar, click the Windows icon, and then click Devices and Printers. The Devices and Printers window opens.

3. Click Add a printer. The Add Printer window opens.

4. Click Add a local printer.

5. Click Use an existing port.

6. Click the Use an existing port drop-down list, select LPT1: (Printer Port), and then click Next.

7. Under Manufacturer in the Install the printer driver window, click HP.

8. Under Printers, select Deskjet 990c alternate driver for the product, and then click Next.

9. In the Printer name text box, type the product name and then click Next. The print driver starts the installation process.

NOTE: The name of the alternate driver displays in the window as the default name. If you prefer, you can change the name of your product. This step is optional.

10. When the installation is complete, a message displays on the computer stating that the product was added successfully.

11. In the message window, click Finished.

12. Connect the USB cable to the product, and connect the USB cable to the computer. A Device driver software was not successfully installed window opens.

13. Click Close to close the window.  

Let me know how it goes. Awaiting your reply!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.