Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Photosmart 1000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have recently upgraded my Computer but my old Photosmart Printer is not supported with a driver.

On my last computer (Windows 8 )I was able to use a driver for HP1220C

Can anyone help me with a driver now to use on Windows 10? The driver for HP 1220C does not seem to be available either.

( I love my old Photosmart 100 and don't not want to get another printer!!)

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Did you ever get your driver for your HP Photosmart 1000? I have the same problem...

HP Recommended

Hi

Yes I did - it works perfectly.

On your computer settings, go to Devices. Click on 'add a printer'.

Click on the writing which says "Printer I want isn't listed"

Choose 'add a local printer or network printer with manual set up'

Select 'use existing port' - On the drop down list, choose USB001 virtual printer port

Select HP under the manufacturer heading

Select Deskjet 1220C (if it is not listed click on 'windows update' button and it will refresh the list and then the 1220c should be listed) I then installed the driver and made this printer my default printer and connected it to my Photosmart 1000 via the USB connection.

Hope it works for you too!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.