Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Drakster,

Sorry for the delay I'm still trying to solve the problem. I have tried all what you told me to do, no way I receive always the same fault as per my screen shot!

What can I do? I'm really desperate loosing hours of time just for install a printer!

Rgs

Rolando

HP Recommended

Hey @RolandoP,

Drakster is out of the office, but I can assist you today.

First thing I noticed is you claimed that you had an error that read the computer does not have USB support enabled. To test this:

1. Remove the USB cable from the printer.
  2. In your search bar type in Printers and open Devices and Printers.
  3. Right-click on any icon of your printer listed.
  4. Click on Remove Device.
  5. Repeat for any other icons of your printer listed.
  6. Connect the USB cable.

If a copy of the printer appears in this window, the PC is properly detecting a printer. If it is not detecting a printer:

• Try connecting the printer through a different USB port to your PC.
  • Try connecting the printer to your PC using a different USB cable.
  • Try connecting the printer to a different Windows PC or Mac.

This should help narrow down the issue.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue. If it does, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi DocCottle,

I have followed your instruction but the result is the same. The PC have not installed the printer. Going below device and printers there is nothing installed.

When I connect the USB cable the PC recognize the printer correctly also the model but my biggest problem is that I cann't get the printer installed on the SSD Hard drive for that I need urgently the solution.

When I connect the printer on my notebook it works. There should be a solution to install the drivers on a SSD drive! The printer is from 2014!

Looking forward to a solution.

Rgs

ROlando 

HP Recommended

If you are still having issues with installing the printer on that particular drive, I suggest either installing on the drive that contains the operating system. You can also contact HP Support directly by clicking on this link and filling out the form at the bottom.

Please let me know if you are able to find some resolution for this issue.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

I have tried but I get this message:

HP contact options

This product is no longer serviced by HP. You may search for possible solutions on this support website.

What can I do if also the experts like you have no solution?

HP Recommended

Nobody can help me?:smileysurprised:

HP Recommended

Drakster and myself both suggested installing the files on your hard drive with your operating system, rather than the SSD if it is not installing on the SSD. 

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi,

this cannot be the only solution I don't think that just to get the HP printer working I need to install a OS on the normal HD, having then two OS. This is really poor solution  for a brand like HP.

How can I work with the PC? When I boot I have to consider that if I need the printer then I should boot from the HD if not I can boot from the SSD. By starting the PC  I must always select the disc where to boot.

It is ubelievable that the driver won't install on the SSD. SSD'r are on the market since 4-5 years so there shoul be a patch that allows installation on this type of drive. 

I have copied the screen shot of the fault is there any solution that can be find following this fault?

It is really a mess if I have to waste a printer that is just 2 years old because HP have no solution of how to install it on a SSD, this is also not a good witness for the brand itself!

Please undertake the problem to the developer and ask what can be done to get it working.

Thanking in advance

Rolando

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.