Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro X451dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I am having problems with having printer drivers installed on to the Windows 10 PCs, I get the error: 0x80070490. The status of the printer is connected on to a network group of computers. The printer is called HP OfficeJet Pro X451dw.

I have been trying to use the 'sfc /scannow' command and it detects that there are no errors with the PCs.

However, is there a way to resolve this driver update failure issue?

Much help will be appreciated and I will try out my best to solve these problems, just make everybody happy.

Many thanks,

Ben

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, 

I suggest to disable anti-virus software was to check if there was a conflict between the update and the Anti-virus program.

I suggest you to manually reset the Windows Updates Components. Refer to the steps below to reset the Windows Updates Components:

1. Press Windows Key + X on the keyboard and then select “Command Prompt (Admin)”      from the menu.
  2. Stop the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and theWindows Update Services. To do this, type the following commands at a command prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.

net stop wuauserv

net stop cryptSvc

net stop bits

net stop msiserver

3. Now rename the SoftwareDistribution and Catroot2 folder. You can do this by typing the following commands in the Command Prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.

ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old

4. Now, let’s restart the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. Type the following commands in the Command Prompt for this. Press the ENTER key after you type each command.

net start wuauserv

net start cryptSvc

net start bits

net start msiserver

5. Type Exit in the Command Prompt to close it.

Now you may try running the Windows Updates and check if the above steps resolve the issue.

For further reference, you can refer to the link:

How do I reset Windows Update components?

support.microsoft.com/kb/971058/en-us

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

This didn't work for me, sorry.

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.