Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
envy 5640
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Have an Envy 5640 connected by WiFi on Windows 10 and everything works OK

Wanted to create a second occurance of the printer with different preferences - can this be done and if so how?

Using the standard windows setting function I can get to the stage of adding another printer but it then asks me for the WPS Pin. Tried various inputs including the the password showing on the printer but everything failed.

Tried also setting it up with the IP address of the printer which seemed to set up the printer OK (with a diffeent name) but any prints sent to the queue failed to print.

Does anyone have a solution to this situation or different ideas I could try - any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Press Add Printer, then click 'The printer that I want isn't listed'.

Select a local printer or a network printer with manual settings.

keep the setting as LPT1 and press Next.

Select HP.

Select HP Envy 5640 and complete the wizard, give it a name so you will identify it.

Next right click the exisitng and working 5640 icon and select Printer Properties, within the Ports tab locate which port is used and close that dialog.

Right click the newly added queue and select Printer Properties, within the Ports tab check the same port as used py your printer and press OK, now you may modify the preferences for the added queue as you would like.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Response worked a treat - thanks very very much Shlomi - your efforts are much appreciated.

Wondered if one would take the same approach if the printer was connected as a local printer via USB.

HP Recommended

You are gladly welcome @kenw7.

The same approach would work for a USB connection too, simply by selecting the USB port as selected for the original USB print queue.

Cheers,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.