Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 110 e-all-in-one D411a
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Hi, can anybody assist please?

I am currently unable to use the scan facility on this device. I cannot scan to my computer (suggests I install software - which i have done) and cant scan from computer as it cannot 'see' a scanner?

Additionally, I cant print from my apple devices using air print...

Just all seesm to have gone a bit haywire!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello@DT_68,

Thanks for the response.

Glad to hear that the printer is working again.

You can reach out to HP Support Forums for any HP product related queries.

Cheers. Happy posting.

Advance Christmas and New Year wishes.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Hey@DT_68,

Thanks for reaching out to HP Support Forums. One stop for all solutions about your HP product.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

I was going through your post and would like to help you.

You are unable to print or scan form the printer. Is that correct?

I suggest you to update the latest driver for the printer on your PC.

Use the link below to download and update the driver for the printer.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL52082/mp-125882-3/HP-Inkjet-SW-OSX-Mavericks_v12.34.54.d...

Also, try HP Scan and Capture, if in case the driver update doesn’t help you scan using the printer.

Use the link below to download the scan and capture on to your PC.

https://itunes.apple.com/in/app/hp-easy-scan/id967004861?mt=12

This should help you fix the issue. Please share more to serve you.

Resolv_S

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Many thanks for your assistence...

Unfortuneatly, even though I have dowmloaded the HP software you suggested and the HP Easy scan, It has not solved the problems...

Ever since I downloaded the new MacOS Sierra, my HP printer will not allow me to scan from printer to the Mac, or scan from the Mac to the printer.

None of my devices (using Air Print) will print to the HP printer - printer cannot be found. (Its Air Print enabled)

When trying to scan from Mac to printer using the new HP Easy Scan I get: "ENVY 110 series [04909E] is currently unavailable. Please check if it is turned on and connected, or try again later".

The old HP scan from Mac to the printer - wont work either, aas it can't find the HP printer!

Bit of a mess really, no thanks to HP.

Can you advise or assist anymore??

Thanks again for your help so far....

HP Recommended

Hi@DT_68,

Thanks for responding.

I request you to uninstall the printer and while reinstalling the printer, please select the printer name and not the “Air print” and check if that works.

Hope the information shared will help you. Please share for more.

Resolv_S

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for responding.

I had already installed and reinstalled the HP printer s/w several times, and I did not select Air Print, but instead set the printer up by its name.

To make sure I did it all again....

Still the problem exists...

Error messages are;

Using the original HP scan - no scanner selected and cant find the printer

On HP easy scan - ENVY 110 series [04909E] is currently unavailable. Please check if it is turned on and connected, or try again later.

The above is done via the Mac to the HP printer.

When I try using the HP printer to scan to the Mac, it just says 'make sure the HP printer software is installed'!!

So basically, no scan capability at all.

I can however print normally and the HP printer is all set up for wireless connection with my Mac.

Again, this all happened since I installed MacOS Sierra....

Just not scanning at all!

Thanks again...

HP Recommended

Hi@CV_,

Thanks for responding.

Does the copy function work on the printer? If yes, then reinstall the HP Easy scan once and check if that fixes the issue.

Hope this helps. Please reply for more.

Resolv_S

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi,

Appreciate you assistance.

Copy funsction works. I reinstalled the HP easy scan - still nothing works, no scan capability at all.

On the forums, others seem to have resolved the issue by installing the Easy scan. But this simply wont work on my printer currently.

Thanks,

HP Recommended

Hi@DT_68,

Thanks for responding.

Try using the Apple Image Capture and check if that helps you scan to PC

Hope this helps. Please reply for more.

Resolv_S

Please click Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I appreciate everybodies help, however....

Image capture will not work either, as it can't s'ee' any connected devices, scanners (or printers for that matter)...

Any other suggestions? Other than....

remove all printer software from mac, disconnect printer, reset factory settings, relaod softward, reconnect etc etc etc..

Seems very frustrating to me, as printer worked just fine wir=th scanning capability until it seems when I loaded MacOS Sierra......

;-(( 

HP Recommended

Hi@DT_68,

Thanks for the quick response.

I request you reinstall the printer and this time ty using the “Air print” and check if that works.

Hope the information shared will help you. Please share for more.

Resolv_S

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.