Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Having bought an envy 4520 for my mother in law I have a problem i.e. the printer will not connect to the wireless network from the sky router.  Everything else from windows laptops to ipads, android phones and iphones work perfectly, even the epson printer I am trying to replace, only the HP printer does not work.

The printer complains about mac address filtering, which is not even available on the sky router.  So the error report is clearly bogus.

I have bought numerous HP printers over the years and convinced my mother in law to go HP, hugely dissapointed that this basic set up has not just worked.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @mikea_edi, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand that you have issues connecting your printer wirelessly.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Please try the steps recommended below.

Restart the computer, printer, and router to resolve any connectivity error states.
 NOTE:
The following steps temporarily disconnect network and Internet connections and require restarting your computer. Complete any tasks or downloads in progress before continuing.
Turn off the router by pressing the power button or disconnecting the power cord.
Turn off the printer, and then unplug any USB or Ethernet cables.
 NOTE:
When a USB or Ethernet cable is connected to the printer, the printer cannot connect wirelessly.
Close all running programs on your computer, and then shut down the computer.
Reconnect the power cord to the router, and then wait for the Internet activity light to display a normally connected status.
Turn on the printer.
Turn on the computer.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection issues.

Let me know if works!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.