Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 7640 AIO
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Numerous scan to computer failures. Started w wireless mode, would have to delete/reinstall software. Changed to ethernet mode, was quite reliable (v HP 39.0 latest). Printing from Mac & iPhone AirPrint to 7640 is OK. Manual scan from Mac to 7640 OK. Consistent : w HP Utility / Devices /Scan to Computer = tries to enable scan, then Scan to Computer is Disabled; if check Enable Scan to Computer, then get Communications Error. Would like to get this fixed, otherwise there are other brands that do work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @RWGIL,

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that 
I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

It sounds more like a software issue, please try these steps: Network Scanner Connection is Lost (Mac).

Repairing the Disk Permissions and Resetting the Printing System should help.

You can click on the "Accept as Solution" if the issue is  resolved and the "Thumbs Up" for my effort. Please keep me posted. Good Luck! 

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @RWGIL,

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that 
I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

It sounds more like a software issue, please try these steps: Network Scanner Connection is Lost (Mac).

Repairing the Disk Permissions and Resetting the Printing System should help.

You can click on the "Accept as Solution" if the issue is  resolved and the "Thumbs Up" for my effort. Please keep me posted. Good Luck! 

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hey - thanks so much. It was software (remnants/debris from previous HPs). In Library folder I trashed the HP folder & Resource stuff in PPD. I reinstalled the latest HP 7640 driver, set it up & went over to the 7640 & did a Scan to Computer & EUREKA it works. 

The world needs guys like you, calm, cool, & collected to guide the agitated, heated, & scattered 83 yr old Seniors thru their challenges in life!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.