Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 7645
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Is there a dashboard widget for this printer that I missed? I've tried reinstalling the sofware but still don't see an option for a widget. Can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @vmcweeney,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums with your inquiry.

I understand that you have installed the software and drivers for an HP ENVY 7645 e-All-in-One Printer on your Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan and you are wondering if there is a widget available for it. I would like to help.

If the widget for the printer was available there would have been an option to install it during the printer software installation. If there was no option for installing it there may not be a widget available for this printer. The widget that came with older printer software would not work with Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite and may have not been continued.

If you wanted to try you could uninstall the printer software by following this support document - Uninstalling HP Printer Software (Mac)

Next follow this document when downloading and installing the printer software - Download and Install HP Printer Software and Drivers (OS X). Watch for an option to install the widget, it could also be available with the offer to install addidtional software.

You can also check the HP folder in the Mac's Applications Folder. If the HP Widget is shown in there you can create a shortcut for it. If the HP Widget is not listed, the widget is not available.

If you do not get an option to install it when doing the installation and there is not one in the HP folder in Applications, it is not available.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

In fact, if this helps you to reach a solution please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @vmcweeney,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums with your inquiry.

I understand that you have installed the software and drivers for an HP ENVY 7645 e-All-in-One Printer on your Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan and you are wondering if there is a widget available for it. I would like to help.

If the widget for the printer was available there would have been an option to install it during the printer software installation. If there was no option for installing it there may not be a widget available for this printer. The widget that came with older printer software would not work with Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite and may have not been continued.

If you wanted to try you could uninstall the printer software by following this support document - Uninstalling HP Printer Software (Mac)

Next follow this document when downloading and installing the printer software - Download and Install HP Printer Software and Drivers (OS X). Watch for an option to install the widget, it could also be available with the offer to install addidtional software.

You can also check the HP folder in the Mac's Applications Folder. If the HP Widget is shown in there you can create a shortcut for it. If the HP Widget is not listed, the widget is not available.

If you do not get an option to install it when doing the installation and there is not one in the HP folder in Applications, it is not available.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

In fact, if this helps you to reach a solution please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.