08-14-2014 11:31 AM - last edited on 03-07-2017 05:39 PM by OscarFuentes
Hello @SnowCapStriker, I hope you are well
I have noticed your posts about the error 1627 during installation of your Deskjet 5525. As you have a device manager, it seems you are running a Windows system.
I would like to make some suggestions and hopefully they will help you.
Try this scan first, which will check your system files to ensure they are not corrupt:
Now try running the installation again. If that fails, move on.
Unregistering and re-registering the Microsoft Windows Installer service:
1. Click the Start menu and type " cmd " in the search field and press enter.
2. Type in " msiexec /unregister " and then press enter.
3. Type in " msiexec /regserver " and then press enter.
4. Restart your PC and try the installation.
- If that does not help, try creating a new user account on your computer and give it administrative privileges and try the install from the new account.
Hopefully one of those steps have helped install the printer successfully!
Let me know the results
I work on behalf of HP
★Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!