Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
LaserJet p2050
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In the last month this printer never had any problems.  

If I try to print more than one copy of any document (Word, PowerPoint) the printer will go into an error state and the Troubleshoot cannot identify the problem.  The printer will display one of several errors, such as the one shown with this posting.

Printing PDF files are very problematic, same issue.

Turning the printer on an off do not work, restarting and clearning printer will not work.

A restart on the computer will not fix the problem, but going through a complete power off and on again will fix the problem.  Downloaded the driver and installed last week.  Fix some but not this error.

Printer is connected via a USB connection.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The solution did finally work with some minor changes.

I selected the manual install vs. find or network.

I then got an error telling me USB 3.0 was not compatible, I ignored this, and printed.

So far it is working with the previous suggested driver download

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi Macduffy,

I saw the same problem (“49 err”) and it’s printing fine now. My solution is using old driver (HP Universal Printing PCL6) for printers HP Laserjet P2050/2055. It’s “upd-pcl6-x64-6.0.0.18849.exe” version.

The first, you download it on:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/UPD/

Then you try follow these steps:

1. Turn off printer.
  2. Go Control Panel\Devices and Printers, select “Remove Device” all printers (of HP).
  3. Go Control Panel\Programs and Features, uinstall/remove all programs (of HP).
  4. Restart computer.
  5. Run file “upd-pcl6-x64-6.0.0.18849.exe”, select “USB mode plug and play”.
  6. Go “Devices and Printers” again, select “Remove Device” all printers (of HP) add new.
  7. Restart computer again.
  8. Turn on printer and wait windows find and know your printer. If windows know your printer is “HP Universal Printing PCL6” is OK.

Glad to help you. I am not work for HP. Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

dungleviet

HP Recommended

Thank you for trying to assist.

Printer is not printing, now the troubleshooter is saying it cannot identify the problem.

In the proposed solution, I selected the Plug an Play option.  Two printers are displayed:

HP LaserJet P2055 Series - "Driver is unavailable"

HP LaserJet P2055dn UPD PUL 5  Default printer

I have restarted, shut down, switch from USB 2 to USB 3.

With no additional error messages to follow up on, I am completely lost.

Any other solutions welcomed.

Thank you

HP Recommended

The solution did finally work with some minor changes.

I selected the manual install vs. find or network.

I then got an error telling me USB 3.0 was not compatible, I ignored this, and printed.

So far it is working with the previous suggested driver download

HP Recommended

Hi Macduffy,

After you installed, "Two printers are displayed:

HP LaserJet P2055 Series - Driver is unavailable  and HP LaserJet P2055dn UPD PCL 5/PCL6 - Default printer", you need delete both printers before restart computer.

Let you retry once!

Note: Some printers Laserjet 2050/2055 saw "49 err" affer upgrade to Windows 10 64 bit. I help somebody. You can see some my post with them:

With “DavidMosaik”:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/LaserJet-p2055d-49-Err-3D910C8/m-p/5795734#M296404

or with “Makyamani” and “Juissi”:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Software-and-Drivers/INSTALLING-HP-LaserJet-P2055d-driver/m-p/5...

You can search in forum with key words "49 err".

Regards,

dungleviet

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.