Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Rainbow7000:

Got past step 3 the first instruction but am now stuck at number 6 instruction.  When I restarted the computer it did not log on as Administrator and there is no arrow beside "shutdown" to switch user.

HP Recommended

Rainbow7000:

I got throught all the steps but am still getting the same message. 

HP Recommended

@gators1307,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.
If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions

Regards,

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Rainbow7000:

Thanks for your help!

HP Recommended

Hi Rainbow,

Back from my vacaion and just went through the new procedure you sugested.  

Before I started I installed all the latest Windows 10 Updates.

Step 1: Remove Driver:

Followed the instructions and again the unistall failed with the message 'HP Installer Uninstaller stopped working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you is a solution is avaiable'.  At the point it failed The dialog was headed 'Removing Unnecessary Components' and the process was on step 10 of 12 and 75% complete.

Selected close on the error message and the uninstall  program said it succesfully completed its work and only closed when I closed it.

Followed through to 9, and my printer was not listed.

Followed through to 12, found my printer driver and removed it as set ouit in 13 and 14.

I could not execute the instructions in 15 as the Apply button was greyed out, so continued to16.

Step 2: Clear Temp Files:

This all worked as instructed.

Step 3: Unlock Hidden System Administrator Account:

Created the Admin account as instructed and succesfully logged in.

However I could not run the HP Printer Install Wizzard.  I tried to gain access through Edge, but it would not let me run it with the following error message 'Microsoft Edge can't be run using the built in Administrator Account.  Sign in with a different account and try again'.

I signed back in with my own account that has admin powers, installed the full printer software, re-tested it and it again failed to scan with the same error message as with previous attempts.

Rainbow,  thanks again for the help, but we dont seem any nearer a solution.  Where do me go from here?

HP Recommended

Welcome back @Billingsgate, 🙂

Thanks for replying back with the results!

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.
If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions

Thank you,

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Hi Rainbow,
Thanks for all your efforts. Let's hope it can be sorted!
HP Recommended

Hi,

Was the issue resolved?

I had encountered same issue on Win-10 after few weeks AFTER upgrade. i.e. it worked after apgrade for several weeks, but from yesterday, I am etting this  error on more than 1 PC with Win-10 on my home network.

Web scan work, printing as well. Only scanning is a problem.

HP Recommended

This does not work and the instructions are not very clear after "save as..."...I have tried this numerous times and ways. I need some help getting my scanner to work again.

I get the message "the scan cannot be performed because another program is using the networked device" after upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10.

Can I get some help please?

hp officejet 6500 e709

HP Recommended

I have the same problem - is there a fix to this or not??

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.