Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Photosmart 6510
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Just bought a new Envy 5646. After uninstalling the old Photosmart 6510 printer I get an error message each time i start my Win 10 computer:

"RunDLL There was a problem durring starting C:\Program Files\HP\HP Photosmart 6510 series\bin\HPStausBL.dll  The module was not found"

Fejlmeddelelse.jpg

Any suggestions for a sulution?

Kind regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@KarlPedersen
Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out

As I understand you are unable to print,

Don't worry as I have a few steps to help you out,

Please delete the full feature software using the control panel, remove all programs related to your printer, restart the computer,

Then download the fresh copy of the full feature software using this link: Click here.

Also try this related post that seems to have helped others looking for a similar solution as you are: Click here (Though the header is different, the solution will work for your windows 10 as well).

Keep me posted,

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@KarlPedersen
Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out

As I understand you are unable to print,

Don't worry as I have a few steps to help you out,

Please delete the full feature software using the control panel, remove all programs related to your printer, restart the computer,

Then download the fresh copy of the full feature software using this link: Click here.

Also try this related post that seems to have helped others looking for a similar solution as you are: Click here (Though the header is different, the solution will work for your windows 10 as well).

Keep me posted,

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@

Thank you for your quick reply to my post. Your suggestion certenly seems to hold a solution to my printerproblem. As soon as I get close to my desktop, I will try out your suggestions. I'll soon let you know the result.

Kind regards Karl (Denmark). 

HP Recommended

@KarlPedersen

Thank you for replying,

And that's great,

I'll be waiting when you get back,

Keep me posted and have a good day,

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@

Problem solved after reading the thread for win7 as you suggested. It was a file in the WIN10 start folder looking for a program to check ink levet of the old PS 6510 printer. Apparently this file was left behind during the uninstall of the PS 6510 software. After deleting the file everything is working fine.

Thak you for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.