Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Does anyone know why the shortcut of the HP Deskjet 2050 printer no longer has the estimated ink level feature?  It was there until 12/5/12 and now the entire window has changed. Now it only has the options to "See whats printing", "Customize your printer", and Set preferences".  I can.t find any reference to any updates that may have changed this, thus I have no restore point.  The only thing that has changed recently is the new version of the HP Support Assistant.  Could this have an effect on the printer software?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Solved problem by downloading lasted driver as instructed.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Solved problem by downloading lasted driver as instructed.

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem too and it's pretty annoying. I've been researching how to solve this with no avail. Please tell me what you did inorder to get the "Ink Level" estimation back. What drives did you update exactly? I would really appriciate the help since this has been drivnig my crazy!

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@rodustep,
The fix for this issue would be to uninstall current software and download the lastest drivers for your printer. I am linking you to the software and driver page just select operating system and select full feature driver.

Deskjet 2050

Let me know how it goes.

HP Recommended

Accept as Solution

HP Recommended

why cannot i see any longer ink level indicator for dekjet 2050

HP Recommended

how to find ink level indicator for deskjet 2050

HP Recommended

Now I can see the ink levels...Thanks for the advice

HP Recommended

I followed the procedure and it works....thanks a lot

HP Recommended

I wish someone would tell me what to do.    This is rediculous.    Why cant we see the ink levels anymore.  Is it a secret?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.