Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
F2410
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi, I've been facing the problem for 1 year, that my printer could not be installed on my laptop (aspire one 722, win 7 64 bit). HP tech support had contacted me in order to assist solve the problem but no result, then i think i should change my laptop. I wondered because there was no any error message i got, the wizard just stopped anyway.

Last week i tried to install the printer on another laptop with win 7 64 bit. The problem appear during the installation. Now i get the error message about the USB port driver which not available. So i think there was any incompatibility between the product and win 7 64 bit.

F2410 on my another laptop, win xp => works properly

F2130 on my win 7 64 bit => works properly

Anyone here got the same problem? Are there many things that i have to do to solve the problem?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Eltisatya,

I would try a Generic driver to see if you have the same results.

On the computer, go to Start, Devices and Printers, select Add a Printer. Follow the steps, select HP and Deskjet 9800 from the list and the USB port. Set this one as the default printer. If the USB port isn't available, then the computer isn't recognizing the printer being connected properly.

Try printing again.

Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @Eltisatya,

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are having issues installing the printer on a couple computers. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

Did you download and use the latest drivers?

Here is the link: HP Deskjet F2400 All-in-One series Full Feature Software and Driver.

I have provided you with some steps for unlocking the Hidden Administrator Account and installing the printer on this account to see if that will help with this situation.

Note: Don't connect the USB cable in until prompted during the install.

• Go to your Start menu and under the 'search programs and files' box type CMD.
  • CMD will populate as a search option above, just right click on it and 'run as administrator'.
  • Once CMD (Command Prompt) opens, type net user administrator /active:yes and hit enter.
  • Next, close CMD and restart your computer.
  • When your computer comes on log into the new account that should show. It will be called Administrator and will not have a password on it.
  • If your computer automatically logs into your account after the restart then go to your start menu and click the arrow beside 'shutdown' and choose 'switch user'. Now log into the Administrator account we just unlocked.
  • Under the Administrator account, install the printer software.
  • Test the printer.
  • To turn off the Admin account start back at step 1 and type in net user administrator /active:no.

If you are still having this issue, it may be the User Profile. Create a new User and try installing the printer on that Account.

• Open User Accounts by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking User Accounts and Family Safety (or clicking User Accounts, if you are connected to a network domain), and then clicking User Accounts.
  • Click Manage another account.
  • Click Create a new account.
  • Install the printer on that account.

You can click on the "Accept as Solution" if the issue is resolved and the "Thumbs Up" for my effort. Please keep me posted. Good Luck! 

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi, thank you for help. But unfortunately I've not met the succes yet. I just frustate of it. Now I'm thinking about the OS failure since doesn't matter in Win 8 64 bits. Please inform me when anybody got the idea about, while I'm keep trying.

Thanks so much

HP Recommended

Hi @Eltisatya,

I would try a Generic driver to see if you have the same results.

On the computer, go to Start, Devices and Printers, select Add a Printer. Follow the steps, select HP and Deskjet 9800 from the list and the USB port. Set this one as the default printer. If the USB port isn't available, then the computer isn't recognizing the printer being connected properly.

Try printing again.

Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

finally it's done

thank you so much @Gemini02

HP Recommended

Thanks for letting me know @Eltisatya,

{Happy Dance :)}

Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.