Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Deskjet F4180
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printer prints all the colours wrong except black .Red becomes magenta , green is dark blue etc

Printer worked fine with win xp .

Test page prints perfectly with no errors

Using the photocopier prints an exact colour copy   - it's just data coming directly from the pc which is incorrect , hence the driver does'nt work correctly with win 10 . I've checked that i have the latest driver 6.1.7600.16385 .

I've noted this problem has already been flagged up - when will a new driver be available ?

or can someone suggest a workaround .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Tried printer with my win10 laptop and the fault was the same .

Tried printer with my old winxp desktop and the fault was cured - perfect printout of  a jpeg file .

Reconnected printer back onto my win10 desktop and printed out the same jpeg file and the printout was perfect !

Have tried a few other files i was having problems with and the printouts are fine - can only assume that the problem was down to the usb connector .

Thanks for the assistance

Regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Please uninstall your printer Software and reinstall again to see if it would fix your issue.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Deskjet-F4100-All-in-One-Printer-series/3177560/m...

Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

HP Recommended

I uninstalled the driver and then re-downloaded but the fault is still as before .

HP Recommended

What app and file format are you using? Have you tried printing from a different app,  file or a web page? What about printing from a different PC?

The Software out there is the latest and does support Windows 10.

HP Recommended

Tried printer with my win10 laptop and the fault was the same .

Tried printer with my old winxp desktop and the fault was cured - perfect printout of  a jpeg file .

Reconnected printer back onto my win10 desktop and printed out the same jpeg file and the printout was perfect !

Have tried a few other files i was having problems with and the printouts are fine - can only assume that the problem was down to the usb connector .

Thanks for the assistance

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.