08-17-2012 12:36 PM - edited 08-17-2012 03:47 PM
I'm trying to install the full feature software for the HP Photosmart C6180. Each time I attempt it fails and gives me an error: A specified file cannot be found. I'm running Windows 7-64 bit. Anyone else having this issue? Here's the screenshot.
08-20-2012 12:17 PM - edited 08-20-2012 12:25 PM
It looks like something is messed up with the installer. I recommend to "scrub" the system of the current software and reinstall it by doing the following:
1. Type %temp% in the run field
2. Delete everything in that temp folder (if something cannot be deleted, just skip it).
3. Download & run the full feature software and drivers from here (it should atleast extract the necessary files):
4. Again, type %temp% in the run field
5. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)
6. Open folder Util
7. Open folder CCC
8. Run the L4uninstall.bat
9. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer
10. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools
11. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player
12. Download & run the full feature software and drivers again
Let me know if this helps or not (post another screenshot if you get the error again).
10-31-2013 09:56 PM
I am having the same failed install for a officejet 5600 (5610) series. I am getting a very similar file missing causing it to fail. I will do the items that I can from your response. Any further links or instructions would be great~
11-04-2013 09:11 AM
I understand that you are having an issue with a failed installation. With the steps provided above, have you been able to install the software?
If you have not been able to install the software, are you getting the same error 'The system cannot find the file specified', or is another error message coming up?