Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2549
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Just picked up the printer and it's on firmware CBP1FN1451AR and I only have Macs at home.

I noticed that under Windows Software and Driver results, there is a different firmware, CBP1FN1547AR, released on Feb 15, 2016.

Is the firmware update needed for Macs and if so, where can I find it to install it from a Mac?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

So I ended up contacting customer service and got an answer regarding the firmware CBP1FN1547AR for the DeskJet 2549 if you're using Mac Sierra. The updated and equivalent firmware is found when selecting the El Captian OS under the Software and Driver tab and it is not seen when selecting Sierra OS. I've also included a direct link that was given to me through the online chat.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/deskjet2540/DJ2540_R1547A.dmg

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi@ilovehpsf,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I was going through your post and understand that you need assistance in providing more information about the possible firmware for the printer. Is that, right? I will be glad to help you.

I was able to check if there were any firmware updates available for the printer you have mentioned in your post.

As of now, the firmware update you have is the latest version and as an when HP releases the firmware, you will be notified about the same.

Hope that answers you the question. Feel free to reply for more.

Resolv_S

I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hi @hanks for the reply!

I guess the naming convention threw me off as to which is newer.

I would just like to confirm, firmware CBP1FN1451AR (what I currently have) is newer than CBP1FN1547AR (what is on the download page)?

HP Recommended

Hey@ilovehpsf,

Thanks for the response.

I forgot to mention that there are no firmware updates available for the printer.

That means that the firmware you have is the latest one for the printer unless HP sends another auto update for the firmware on your printer.

Hope this helps. Feel free to reply for more.

Resolv_S

I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP doesn’t recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hi 

HP Recommended

Hey@ilovehpsf,

Thanks for the response.

You cannot install a Windows installer file on a Mac PC.

Due to the architectural different of the operating system environment.

Resolv_S

I work for HP

Note: HP doesn’t recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi @

HP Recommended

Hello@ilovehpsf,

Thanks for the response.

The version on your printer is the only version released for your printer series for Windows PC.

There is nothing to compare if the version is new or old.

You will need to wait till there is another update released by HP which in any case make the current version as old update/version.

Resolv_S

I work for HP

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

So I ended up contacting customer service and got an answer regarding the firmware CBP1FN1547AR for the DeskJet 2549 if you're using Mac Sierra. The updated and equivalent firmware is found when selecting the El Captian OS under the Software and Driver tab and it is not seen when selecting Sierra OS. I've also included a direct link that was given to me through the online chat.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/deskjet2540/DJ2540_R1547A.dmg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.