Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
photosmart 7520
macOS 10.12 Sierra

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@MinFi08,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I understand that your HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One Printer is not detected by the computer.

This issue could occur if the software is not installed properly.

Don't worry as I have a few steps that should help fix this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the links below to uninstall the software and reinstall it: 

1. Uninstalling HP Printer Software (Mac)

2. Full Feature Software and Drivers

Let me know how that works.

I hope you have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

I've tried both and they don't work. These verions don't like wireless systems with Sierra and that is the problem. I plugged in a usb and it recognizes the printer but don't want a wired system so unplugged it

Any othe solutions

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@MinFi08,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue still persists after following the steps provided in the previous interaction.

This issue could occur if the wireless setup is not proper.

Please follow the link: Wireless Printer Setup

Let me know if this works.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended
My wireless printer setup is correct and there wasn't a problem until HP upgraded their printer drivers but. Didn't take Macs upgrade Sierra into consideration So what I'm reading from numerous people who have wireless equipment is they are running the drivers with a USB and I did the same thing which means every time I print I have to use a USB Hopefully HP will take the time to upgrade their drivers so it is compatible with Sierra as the owners of Apple products has increased considerably
Thanks
HP Recommended

@MinFi08
Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue did not resolve after following the steps in the previous interaction.

As we have tried all the possible solutions for this issue, please contact phone support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

I will not pay HP phone support for a problem HP has created.

HP Recommended

You gave me no solutions but to go to HP's website which I had already done several times. My wireless settings were always correct. I will use the printer as a wired solution which I figured out by myself. It would be HP's responsibility to fix what they have broken. 

Ive seen numerous complaints with the same issue.

Thanks

HP Recommended

@MinFi08, thank you for your reply, I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 
Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Unfortunately your team isn't correcting the problem

Thanks anyway. They need to make the drivers compatible with macOS Sierra. They didn't even answer as to when this will be done. Instead they were asking me personal questions which had nothing to do with what I asked them to fix.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.