Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart Premium c309a
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have the printer setup to my wireless network and all is good with it, the wireless radio works fine on my printer as well.  I dowloaded the driver to set my printer up wirelessly on my laptop which is running Windows 7. I get as far as it trying to finish the setup on my laptop and then it tells me it has failed, over and over again. I have tried restarting my priner and my laptop still the same results.  It won't install my printer on my laptop using the wireless setting and there isn't anything wrong with my wireless. How do I get it to work, setting up the printer to my laptop wirelessly.  Now when I click on it to install it and it searches for the printer it does find it, its just not getting past the step of installing it when I select the printer.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Please Uninstall and Reinstall the FULL feature software following these steps:

1. Uninstall the software in your computer
2. Download and save the FULL feature software (do not install it online)

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-photosmart-premium-fax-all-in-one-printer-series-...

3. Install the FULL feature “Saved” software

Once you have downloaded and installed the FULL feature software, you will be able to print and scan.

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Please Uninstall and Reinstall the FULL feature software following these steps:

1. Uninstall the software in your computer
2. Download and save the FULL feature software (do not install it online)

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-photosmart-premium-fax-all-in-one-printer-series-...

3. Install the FULL feature “Saved” software

Once you have downloaded and installed the FULL feature software, you will be able to print and scan.

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.