Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 5740
Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

How and where do I set preferences to KILL two-sided (duplex) printing in Word?

None of the posted solutions for this problem has worked for me.

If I print from a web site, the printing options ask whether or not I want two-sided. But if I print a Word doc, no one-sided option is provided (I'm using Word for Mac 2011, version 14.6.5).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,
Please follow the steps below in order to disable automatic duplex printing from Word:

From the file used to print click the File menu and select Print.
NOTE: The Print window might be minimized. Press on Show Details to show any available print option.

Click the Copies & Pages menu within Word's print dialog.

Select Layout from the drop-down menu.

Set the Two-Sided option as Off.

You may save the settings as a preset by clicking Presets > Save Current Settings as Preset and send the print job...than the setting will remain default for future print jobs.

Regards,
Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @PiMac,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums! I understand that you would like to turn off the two-sided printing. I would be happy to help you. 

I have provided a document to make sure the setting is turned off by the print driver: Printing on Both Sides of the Paper . From Word you can check the settings by going to File, Page Setup.

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help, please click the "Accept as Solution" and the "Thumbs Up" buttons. Let me know how you make out. Cheers!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I have provided a document to make sure the setting is turned off by the print driver: Printing on Both Sides of the Paper . From Word you can check the settings by going to File, Page Setup.

This document explains how to set up duplex printing. That's exactly what I do NOT want!

When I am in Word and I go to File, Page Setup, here's the box I see:

Page Attributes

Microsoft Word

Save as Default

Format For

lists only the 5740

Paper Size

Orientation

Scale

HP Recommended

Well, I hadn't finished my reply when I tried to add spaces and it sent it off. But the remainder should be obvious; NOWHERE does it offer me the option of one-sided printing.

Any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

Hi PiMac, 

I provided the two-sided document so you would have it to go by to check to make sure the two-sided feature wasn't selected in the print driver.

If you are still having issues, delete and readd the printer from the Printers and Scanners window. The driver may have been corrupted.

If you are still having issues, please contact Microsoft for further assistance to check any settings from the application.

Try printing from another application to see if you have the same results.

Let me know if that helps. Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi,
Please follow the steps below in order to disable automatic duplex printing from Word:

From the file used to print click the File menu and select Print.
NOTE: The Print window might be minimized. Press on Show Details to show any available print option.

Click the Copies & Pages menu within Word's print dialog.

Select Layout from the drop-down menu.

Set the Two-Sided option as Off.

You may save the settings as a preset by clicking Presets > Save Current Settings as Preset and send the print job...than the setting will remain default for future print jobs.

Regards,
Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.