Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
LJ Pro MFP M426fdn
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was checking the HP site and saw there was a newer version of printer/scanner software AND a newer firmware for my model.

I used the HP tool to install the firmware and it completely successfully. (Assuming the big yellow happy face means that.)

I then tried to install the printer/scanner software. It said the old software (which worked/installed previously just fine) had to be removed FIRST.

So I uninstall the exisiting HP software. Reboot required, Reboot done.

Login and start install again. HP software goes through steps, NO warning or error messages generated.

It ends at the set default printer and/or print test page. I exit the install routine normally.

However, there is NO bluish HP scanner icon on desktop. Nor is there ANY HP software ANYWHERE in the Windows
"all programs" listing. Further, if I search for "HP" nothing is found.

If I start the HP software again, it says the install did NOT complete successfully and must be uninstalled. Which it does automatically. This cycle repeats EVERY time.

I am using WIndows10 64bit, build 16179, 16GB RAM, 75TB drive space

Only things that changed was the firmware (which the HP tool said completed) and the menus, etc on unit are fine/ok.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.