Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP C4200 All In One

I have printed from downloads for a couple years now. All of a sudden I'm getting an "Out Of Paper" display on my desktop moniter. I'm able to make copies. I'm not out of paper. Nothing has changed that I know of. I live alone. No grinches around. I've unplugged, taken the paper out, reloaded, plugged back in. Several times. Can anyone help in simple "layman's terms"?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
OMGosh!! Thank you so very much. I'm back in operation.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @girlofthehollow, Hope you are well!

Welcome to the HP Forum! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

Going through your post, it looks like a driver issue on the printer.

Let’s first try to fix this issue using HP Print and Scan Doctor (PSDR). PSDR is an automated tool which can diagnose and resolve printing and scanning problems. Please go to http://hp.care/2bZ9w2q to download and run HP PSDR. Once you open the software please select ‘Fix printing’ to automatically diagnose and fix the issue.

If the above step does not fix the issue, I would suggest to uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers. Please let me know the operating system you are using so that I can provide you with specific steps.

Let me know how it goes. Good luck!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended
OMGosh!! Thank you so very much. I'm back in operation.
HP Recommended

Hello @girlofthehollow,

Great stuff! Glad to know that you were able to follow the instructions and is now back in business.

Please consider marking my post as "Accepted Solutions" since that will help other users to find solutions for the similar issue more effectively.

Feel free to post again if there is anything else I can help you with.

Good luck!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.