Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro M252dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I bought a HP Color LaserJet Pro M252dw one year ago. It worked fine for the first 8-9 months, but since a few weeks it stopped functioning. Completely unclear why.

When printing, the message reads "No prints can be made because no printer seems to be installed" (translated from Dutch). But the printer is still there. It's connected with a USB cable. The Windows configuration centre seems to recognise it (lists it as one of the connected devices).

I have (3x) uninstalled and installed the printer driver but to no avail.

One of the other messages I have come accross in this process is from C:WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe: "functional address Ox2e192fba creates a protection error (exception code 0xc0000005)."  and "functional address Ox2e192f2b creates a protection error (exception code 0xc0000005)." (translated from Dutch)

Urgent help needed!

Vincent

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @verouden,

Appreciate your efforts.

I understand that you have already tried to uninstall and reinstall the drivers. Try to uninstall / install the drivers as explained below:

• First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Photosmart printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Click the bottom-left Start button on desktop, type device manager in the search box and tap Device Manager on the menu.
  • Once in device manager, click on the view tab in the top & choose “Show hidden devices”.
  • Then from the device manager list, check the entries under “Printer”  – If there are any entries, please right click and choose “uninstall” – In the confirm device un-install pop-up, make sure you select the box which says “Delete the driver software for this device".
  • Also, check the entries under "printer queue" and "imaging devices" and repeat the same exercise. Delete any printer entry or any entry which says “Unknown device”.
  • Once done, close device-manger. Then press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to "run" window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
  • Once done you can try cleaning out your temporary files and cached files. You can try using automated applications like some cleaner software's that you can download from the internet.
  • Now restart your computer again.
  • Click on http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/LES/M252/HP_LaserJet_M252_Full_Software_and_Drivers_15309.e... and install the software.
  • Connect the USB cable if prompted.

Hope that helps. Let me know!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello, @verouden – Greetings!

Thank you for engaging in HP Support Forums. I am glad to be of your assistance 🙂

I understand you are having issues while printing from your LaserJet printer. Let’s first try to fix this issue using HP Print and Scan Doctor (PSDR). PSDR is an automated tool which can diagnose and resolve printing and scanning problems. Please go to http://hp.care/2bZ9w2q to download and run HP PSDR. Once you open the program, select your printer and click on “Fix Printing” to automatically diagnose and fix the issue.

Let me know how that goes. Good luck!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Dear DVortex,

Many thanks for your reaction, very much appreciated.

I downloaded the PSDR already yesterday. It recommended to download the latest version, which I did (3x), but to no avail.

If you want I can send you some screenshots of the process (but then I would need an e-mail addres)

Best,

Vincent

HP Recommended

Hello, @verouden,

Appreciate your efforts.

I understand that you have already tried to uninstall and reinstall the drivers. Try to uninstall / install the drivers as explained below:

• First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Photosmart printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Click the bottom-left Start button on desktop, type device manager in the search box and tap Device Manager on the menu.
  • Once in device manager, click on the view tab in the top & choose “Show hidden devices”.
  • Then from the device manager list, check the entries under “Printer”  – If there are any entries, please right click and choose “uninstall” – In the confirm device un-install pop-up, make sure you select the box which says “Delete the driver software for this device".
  • Also, check the entries under "printer queue" and "imaging devices" and repeat the same exercise. Delete any printer entry or any entry which says “Unknown device”.
  • Once done, close device-manger. Then press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to "run" window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
  • Once done you can try cleaning out your temporary files and cached files. You can try using automated applications like some cleaner software's that you can download from the internet.
  • Now restart your computer again.
  • Click on http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/LES/M252/HP_LaserJet_M252_Full_Software_and_Drivers_15309.e... and install the software.
  • Connect the USB cable if prompted.

Hope that helps. Let me know!

Good luck 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Dear Mr. Dvortex,

I'm afraid I got stranded. Do you have these instructions in Dutch?  (the menu options are not easy to follow when the langage does not correspond ...)

Best regards,

Vincent

Brussels

HP Recommended

Hello @verouden,

I understand you would like to have the instructions in Dutch. I am afraid we do not have a dutch community in HP forums. These are the available Non-English HP forums:

German: HP Kundenforum
Spanish: Foro de usuarios de HP
French: Forum des utilisateurs
Portuguese: Fórum dos usuários HP
Chinese: 惠普个人客户支持论坛
Korean: HP 지식커뮤니티

Thank you for your understanding. If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help.

Feel free to click on the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up" for my assistance. Please let me know the results and if there is anything else I can help you with. Thanks!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello,

I managed in the end!  Instructions worked well  (even if some of the English instructions were difficult to follow when your Windows version is in Dutch)

Thanks

Vincent

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.