Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M47
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477 fdw. I had a nice HP software to scan, but when I re-installed, it disappeared and I can't find it again. It scans from the tray or the feeder, one or two sides. It's great, but I just can't find in the Net. Please help.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @rbernal

Do you still need help on this one?

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up to the right in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution .
HP Recommended

Hope you have found a solution on this previous case, but if not , I'd like to give some suggestions on your stated probleme as below: 

I am not sure what you mentioned as "Re-installed", was it your windows OS re-installed? or your printer software re-installed ?

if your Windows reimaged, you would have to using the M477 full solution software for a refresh new instalaltion and regain your HP Scan utility within the full solution installation.

another tip for Windows 10 usage, try to tap and search "HP Scan", if installed, it will be listed. select from the list and open the scan utility.

Hope it still helps a little bit.

`````````````````````````````
I am an HP employee.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.