Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 1050 J410
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have similar problem with this:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/HP-deskjet-3520-series-Software-won-t-start/td-p/3719...

After intstalling basic software for my Deskjet 3522, The program will not start. It did start on my first install but stop working after some time. Maybe after some update. Now I have reinstalled but still does not work, not fromm the desktop shortcut or from start menu.

However, my printer is HP Deskjet 1050 J410 all-in-one

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello@Toni12

Welcome to the HP Forums.I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.As I understand you have printer software driver installation issues on your printer.Thank you for sharing the issue details.I will certainly do my best to help you.

Let's try to fix the issue by uninstalling and reinstalling the printer driver software by the following method.

Step 1:

Uninstalling the Printer from the computer.

• In Windows search for and open Programs and features
  • Select your HP Printer
  • Select Uninstall
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP Printer.
  • If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete or 'Remove Device'
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows key +R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click ok
  • Click on the "drivers" tab.
  • Look for Hp Printer driver.If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
  • Select Ok
  • Select Apply and Okon the Printer Server Properties windows
  • Close Devices and printers.

Step2: Please refer the link to download the full feature software: http://hp.care/2kVwPkz

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again.

I'll be eagerly waiting to assist you with same, cheers:)

Cheers, have a nice day.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Sizzlingsum_13, thanks for your reply. But it doesn't work yet.

I have uninstalled the printer from Control Panel but I couldn’t find my printer listed in Devices and Printers.

After running printui.exe /s and selecting Drivers tab, I found my printer on the list (HP Deskjet 1050 J410 series, x64, Type 3 – User Mode). Press Remove button, there are two options: Remove driver only & Remove driver and driver package. Both options did not work. The following messages were provided, respectively:

* Unable to remove HP Deskjet 1050 J410 series, x64, Type 3 – User Mode driver. The specified printer driver is currently in use.

* Failed to remove driver HP Deskjet 1050 J410 series. The specified printer driver is currently in use. Failed to remove package hpvpl09.inf.

I don’t know why the system said that the specified printer driver is currently in use?

HP Recommended

@Toni12,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue still persists after following the steps provided in the previous interaction.

I request you to ignore the message that the driver is in use and try installing the software from the link below:

Please follow the link: http://hp.care/2jMoOt2

Let me know if this works.

I hope you have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Dear Rainbow23,

Of course I proceeded the procedure by ignoring the message, but the problem persist. The software is installed but it didn't work when we double-click it.

Toni

HP Recommended

Hello@Toni12

Thank you for the update.

I understand that the above steps didn't resolve the issue.

I recommend you to contact phone support for available service options.

Use the link below to get in touch with them.

Technical support link: www.hp.com/contacthp

If you wish to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs up" to give me a "Kudos" and also please mark it as “Accepted Solution” if this helps.

Take care now and have a splendid weekend ahead.

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.