Question
HP Deskjet D1660 problems!!!
Replies (49)

Tutor
Message 11 of 50 (11,246 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet D1660 problems!!!

It is still showing up in my printers even after I deleted it. It is just not my default printer anymore.

Associate Dean
Message 12 of 50 (11,240 Views)

Are you able to delete it from your printers again?

Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
If my answer was helpful click the “Thumbs Up" below to say “Thanks”!
I am a volunteer posting here on my spare time.
Tutor
Message 13 of 50 (11,213 Views)

OK it finally deleted but I do not have "other devices" under my device manager. I cannot find a printer in there at all.

Associate Dean
Message 14 of 50 (11,210 Views)

[ Edited ]

Take a look at this url from HP.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02205477

EDIT by Katie_H (4/1/11): Fixed broken link 

Tutor
Message 15 of 50 (11,205 Views)

I did try this already before I contacted this chat. I also tried to unistall and reinstall from "add new hardware" in the control panel. Followed all the directions, used the disk I have from the printer. Document printed 2 times and hung up again as usual.  I will try the printer diagnostic link again and see if that will help.

Tutor
Message 16 of 50 (11,203 Views)

Ok. I have tried the diagnostic thingy 3 times and it said not responding. Finally, it responded and showed a "print queue" error and I hit fix and then I printed a test page and all was fine.  So far, I am on my 4th document and no hang ups yet!!!

Thank you so much for your time and help. I really, really appreciate it.

Sue

Tutor
Message 17 of 50 (11,202 Views)

Well I spoke to soon!! Do you think I will have to run this diagnostics every time my printer hangs up or do you think I can find a better solution to fix this problem permanently?

Associate Dean
Message 18 of 50 (11,182 Views)

Can you provide me with your computer specs? ie. make/model

Is your Vista all patched?

What anti-virus?

How long is the USB printer cable?

When was the last time your ran a chkdsk?

Honor Student
Message 19 of 50 (10,788 Views)

I am new to the forum. I too purchased a new D1660 and have been experiancing problems with the printer not completing the job. When it happens I have to unplug the printer. It will not allow my computer to shut down so I have to unplug the main power cord. When I reboot the computer, the printer completes the job just fine.  I tried support and they had me do all kinds of things but nothing worked. I finally demanded another printer. HP kindly sent me another printer but am getting the same problem. I contacted Dell thinking that it might be the new computer running Windows7. They finally reinstalled Windows7 but am getting the same problem. Now I am at a loss. I am thinking of trying my old printer that seems to work fine. Since I see that other people are having this problem I am thinking the problem is in this model of printer. If anyone knows a cure to this problem please let me know.

Student
Message 20 of 50 (10,713 Views)

I have experienced the same problems with my D1660 and I have decided to use my other printer as well.  The whole purpose of purchasing the printer was because my other printer's ink is expensive to purchase.  I wish I never purchased the D1660 because it caused my laptop to run slower and after I uninstalled and reinstalled it I suddenly had all kinds of security threats found by norton.  I tried to contact HP and was unsuccessful.  I wasted my money and I am very upset about it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation