Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Bob, I downloaded the HP Solutions software but it does not give me a wireless installation option. I have an old HP 2600 series all-in-one and it all work wirelessly on my old computer with XP. Any help you could give would be appreciated.

Thanks Terry

HP Recommended

@tcook95849 wrote:

Hi Bob, I downloaded the HP Solutions software but it does not give me a wireless installation option. I have an old HP 2600 series all-in-one and it all work wirelessly on my old computer with XP. Any help you could give would be appreciated.

Thanks Terry

What exactly is your printer model?  If it is the Photosmart 2610 it does not have wireless capability....  Do you have the printer connected to a router to provide wireless access?  That would be the setup I have here and the Photosmart 2610 works "wirelessly" from my Windows 7 notebook computer.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Hi Bob, Thanks for your reply. The printer is a 2610 hardwired via ethernet cable to my router. I don't have a problem printing wirelessly, that worked without the new driver/software download. My problem is scanning wirelessly. I have to plug in the USB caple to scan. The new driver/software download does not give me a wireless option when I try to install the full software download.

Thanks Terry

HP Recommended

@tcook95849 wrote:

Hi Bob, Thanks for your reply. The printer is a 2610 hardwired via ethernet cable to my router. I don't have a problem printing wirelessly, that worked without new driver/software download. My problem is scanning wirelessly. I have to plug in the USB caple to scan. The new driver/software download does not give me a wireless option when I try to install the full software download.

Thanks Terry

OK, I just downloaded the full featured driver and installed it in Windows 7 x64.  Try the following:  go to Start, All Programs, HP, Photosmart All-in-one 2600 series, Add a device.  When the connection screen comes up seleect "Wired network connection using an Ethernet connection".  This will search the local network and should find your Photosmart 2610.  Select your device from the list and then complete the install.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

The fact that there is no way to scan multiple pages into one document when using an HP psc 2410 all-in-one with Windows 7 fax and scan program is ridiculus. As is the way that buttons on the machine just "don't function" anymore. You have got to be kidding me! There is no reason why HP cannot design a software program that works WITH Windows 7. Obviously HP would rather we take our business elsewhere than to take the time and resources to develop software that works. The market today is saturated with scanners/fax  that work with any OS. Most are within a reasonable price range. I will definitely be shopping for new equipment VERY soon and I can PROMISE that it will NOT be an HP product.

HP I am incredibly disappointed!!

HP Recommended

Having the Exact same issue with mi HP Officejet 6100. I need to scan multiple docs into a PDF file and cannot find HP Director that is compatible with Win7 64 system. HP WHAT GIVES???

HP Recommended

What is the reason that I cannot install the director on windows 7?  Please help

HP Recommended

@jusjac wrote:

What is the reason that I cannot install the director on windows 7?  Please help

HP Director was discoutinued years ago, replaced by HP Solution Center.  What is your printer model?

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

Actually, he could be correct. He changed the tower (cpu) and now the user has Windows 7. Before you challenge what someone wrote, be sure you have the facts together.

HP Recommended
I couldn't have put it better myself. My problem exactly. Windows fax and scan is a joke. I don't WANT 16 different scans to make up a mulit-page document. I'm going to try Irfanview and see if it works for me.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.