Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Help, once again.

Im trying to load the HP director cd but not compatible with windows 7.

is there anywhere that i can down load this ?

Im also trying to load the scsanner / fax functionality of the hp 2700 all in one, have loaded the printer part of it ( i use wireless) by adding a printer, how can i add scanner / fax ??

thanx all

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@TallPaulInKy wrote:

HP apparently does not realize what a valuable tool HP Director software is as it allows you to scan PDF files directly. My HP Director software worked on Windows XP but not Windows 7.

Does any of the new printers have an updated Director?

HP Director was replaced years ago with HP Solution Center.  It provides similar features to HP Director, including direct scanning to PDF.  I have used the scan to PDF with an old Officejet 7410 as well as a new Officejet 6500 under Windows 7.

Edit by Katie_H (3/30/11): Fixing broken link

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

View solution in original post

44 REPLIES 44
HP Recommended

Hi

I'm from Ecuador

I have de same problem with my scanjet 3770

Hp director did work very well in Windows XP SP3

but I change the user´s cpu and Now the user has Windows 7

Hp director 4.1 doen't work in windows 7

There is some solution at this problem???

There is a new version of HP Diretor for windows 7?

Please Help us!!!!!!

HP Recommended

HP apparently does not realize what a valuable tool HP Director software is as it allows you to scan PDF files directly. My HP Director software worked on Windows XP but not Windows 7.

HP Recommended

@TallPaulInKy wrote:

HP Director was replaced years ago with HP Solution Center.  It provides similar features to HP Director, including direct scanning to PDF.  I have used the scan to PDF with an old Officejet 7410 as well as a new Officejet 6500 under Windows 7.

Edit by Katie_H (3/30/11): Fixing broken link

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

HP Solutions Center does not provide the programming of the "Scan to" button on the front of my Officejet 6210. I've tried everything. I loved the old HP Director. I also use another HP at work... I find conflicts sometimes with the software, since it doesn't like to recognize both printers, just one at a time.  I use Windows 7, and it allows to print to both, but not the HP software.  

HP Recommended

@epeguero: Please read my response in THIS thread.

I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
HP Recommended

Pableins 77 said, "... but I change the user´s cpu and Now the user has Windows 7."

Um, Pableins, a change from Windows XP to Windows 7 is not a change of the CPU (central processing unit--the processor). It's a change of the operating system--what Windows XP and Windows 7 are.

HP Recommended

HP Director is not compatible with Windows 7.  After many tries, I have finaly succeeded to solve the problem:

1. Don’t install software/drivers form the HP CD. If already done, uninstall them using setup.exe from this CD
  2. Connect the psc2210 USB cable to the PC. Windows will load divers from Internet but will not be able to install two of them: ”psc2200 Series” and “ Hewlet Packard psc2200 Series “. Repair assistant will not be able to fix the problem either (probably the Windows 7 bug).
  3. In the « Control Panel->Hardware and Sound services », activate “Device Manager” found under « Devices and Printers ».
  4. Under « Other devices » look for « HP psc2200 Series » with a small « bulb » icon, bearing a yellow question mark. . Select « update driver » for this icon : Windows scans Internet and installs the related driver , followed by the message « Windows has successfully updated driver for your device HP psc2200 series »
  5. In « Device Manager the «HP psc2200 series » now appears under   « Imaging Devices ».
  6. In the Control Panel, under « Devices->Printers and Faxes » the icon of the HP psc2200 series is now shown without the error warning. Clicking on this icon offers several choices, “Start scan” being one of them
  7. Click on the « Start scan » et document scanning starts. All that remains is to save the scanned document into desired folder.
  8. The above should work with other all-in one devices.
    Regards,
    Radi F6GNZ
Radivoj
HP Recommended

PROBLEM SOLUTION :

1. Don’t install software/drivers form the HP CD. If already done, uninstall them using setup.exe from this CD
  2. Connect the psc2210 USB cable to the PC. Windows will load divers from Internet but will not be able to install two of them: ”psc2200 Series” and “ Hewlet Packard psc2200 Series “. Repair assistant will not be able to fix the problem either (probably the Windows 7 bug).
  3. In the « Control Panel->Hardware and Sound services », activate “Device Manager” found under « Devices and Printers ».
  4. Under « Other devices » look for « HP psc2200 Series » with a small « bulb » icon, bearing a yellow question mark. . Select « update driver » for this icon : Windows scans Internet and installs the related driver , followed by the message « Windows has successfully updated driver for your device HP psc2200 series »
  5. In « Device Manager the «HP psc2200 series » now appears under   « Imaging Devices ».
  6. In the Control Panel, under « Devices->Printers and Faxes » the icon of the HP psc2200 series is now shown without the error warning. Clicking on this icon offers several choices, “Start scan” being one of them
  7. Click on the « Start scan » et document scanning starts. All that remains is to save the scanned document into desired folder.
Radivoj
HP Recommended

Great response, fixed problem.  Now there is new problem that will not offer option of PDF files for documents, only offers bitmap AND it takes multiple pages and puts them into single files, as it looks at the documents as photo style files.

Is there a way to fix this?  I enjoyed this option in previous versions of XP w/ HP Director.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.