Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Desk Jet Adantage 3635
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I am trying to install drivers for my new HP Desk Jet Advantage 3635. I downloaded the initial software from the HP website and then I started up the HP Easty Start software to install the driver. 

Problem is... the download is painfully slow. and then eventually, and every time, it stops downloading and tells me there is something wrong with my internet connect.

But there isn't. I checked the download speed and it's fast enough at 30MB..

I need to get this installed as I need to scan. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @icemaniac,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums! I understand that you are having issues installing the printer software. I would be happy to help you. 

I would try installing the software from this link: HP Easy Scan.

If you are still having issues then try the Apple Updates: Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update.

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help, please click the "Accept as Solution" and the "Thumbs Up" buttons. Let me know how you make out. Cheers!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi,
Directly download and install the software below:
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/hp-printer-esse...

Once done open System Preferences > Printers & Scanners and click the plus sign to add your printer, be sure to select the printer model within the Use drop-down menu.

Regards,
Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended
I just purchased an HP OfficeJer 3830

I am trying to download the printer software. Through HP easy start. It has been over an hour. I'm baffled. Most new printers work within a few minutes. My computer is unusable now with a full screen "Please Wait".

My I phone can't even find the printer even though I linked it to my wireless system.

I can't believe this is a new printer. I'm not a techie but it's never been this difficult.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.