Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet 3830 all-in-one
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
I was having printer communication issues, so I uninstalled the drivers and attempted to reinstall from the disk. Now the disk refuses to install, gives an error and directs me to easy start. When I loaded easy start 4.0.2, it finds the printer and then gets to a "Please Wait" screen, which takes up a quarter of my screen and cannot be minimized, and hangs permanently, never loading. Thoughts? Suggestions? What did I break and how do I install drivers successfully so I can use my printer without using easy start, since it's clearly broken?
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Download and install the latest software for your printer directly from the link below:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL61240/mp-147826-1/OJ3830_72.exe

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I have the same exact issue - I just bought the OfficeJet Pro 6968 which came with a CD for software (however my computer does not have a CD drive).  When I try to follow the software installation instructions using 123hp.com/support after identifying my printer and accepting the terms, it gets hung up on, "Please Wait" for literally a day.  I called Amazon and they could not help me.  I can't find a tech support number for HP on the site and am about ready to pack it back up and return it.  Can you please assist?  Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Click Support > Software & Drivers at the top menu of this page.

type your printer model, then download the Full Feature Software and Drivers.

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended
After struggling for awhile, I got the disk to take thankfully. Seems to be more a matter of trial and error to get it to work correctly, which is just fantastic for software required to make a piece of hardware to work. The "Easy Start" never took and basically froze and completely occupied my desktop, garbage!
HP Recommended

Seems to work fine - thanks.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.