Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 1536dnf
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I frequently use HP Easy Scan with the above printer on an iMAC.  For no obvious reason, with no change to any software, Easy Scan no longer works.  I get an error indicating the scanner is not available.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HI @sewnsurg,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! It is amazing site to post questions, find resolutions and work with the community to resolve issues. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I came across your post and would like to help. I understand that you would like to install your HP LaserJet Pro M1536dnf on Mac El Capitan 10.11.6. I checked and found that there are no drivers available for Mac El Capitan 10.11.6. However, I will give you a workaround using which the printer should be able to print. I suggest you follow the below steps to install the inbuilt printer drivers in Mac El Capitan:

Let's uninstall HP Easy scan

Now the follow the instructions to download and install the printer drivers from his website:

1. Please download the inbuilt Mac printer drivers from this link: http://hp.care/2flF56z

2. Later, from System Preferences, click on Print & Scan.

3. Click the Plus sign.

4. Select the listed HP LaserJet M1536dnf MFP printer. (This driver should be compatible with your printer).

5. Click the drop-down menu next to Use or Print Using and click on Select Printer Software.

6. Select the HP LaserJet M1536dnf MFP printer from the list.

7. Click OK to confirm your selection and add the printer, then try printing using the configured print queue.

For scanning issue, I would recommend to follow the instructions to download and install HP Easy scan: Click here

If there is anything else that I can help you with just let me know.

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

HI @sewnsurg,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! It is amazing site to post questions, find resolutions and work with the community to resolve issues. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I came across your post and would like to help. I understand that you would like to install your HP LaserJet Pro M1536dnf on Mac El Capitan 10.11.6. I checked and found that there are no drivers available for Mac El Capitan 10.11.6. However, I will give you a workaround using which the printer should be able to print. I suggest you follow the below steps to install the inbuilt printer drivers in Mac El Capitan:

Let's uninstall HP Easy scan

Now the follow the instructions to download and install the printer drivers from his website:

1. Please download the inbuilt Mac printer drivers from this link: http://hp.care/2flF56z

2. Later, from System Preferences, click on Print & Scan.

3. Click the Plus sign.

4. Select the listed HP LaserJet M1536dnf MFP printer. (This driver should be compatible with your printer).

5. Click the drop-down menu next to Use or Print Using and click on Select Printer Software.

6. Select the HP LaserJet M1536dnf MFP printer from the list.

7. Click OK to confirm your selection and add the printer, then try printing using the configured print queue.

For scanning issue, I would recommend to follow the instructions to download and install HP Easy scan: Click here

If there is anything else that I can help you with just let me know.

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am using Sierra operating system (macOS 10.12.1).  No problem printing, but Easy Scan no longer works

HP Recommended

Hi @sewnsurg,

Thanks for replying.  As I understand you are still having issues with HP Easy scan. Don't worry as I have a few steps to help you get through this concern,

Have you followed the steps suggested in the previous post? 

Here's a link which you could use to scan from computer on Mac - Click here

If the HP Easy Scan is not working, you could try an alternate program called Vue scan - Click here

Let me know if this helps. If you need any assistance, please feel free to reach out to us.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Easy Scan is not easy in Mac OS.

Yet again I reinstalled the updated HP Easy Start software.  I was able to successfully do a test scan.

Yet again the scan button on the printer did not work.  Yet again I downloaded and re-installed the HP Easy Scan app.

Yet again when I tried to actually use it I got the error message 

"HP Officejet Pro 8600 is currently unavailable. Please check if it is turned on and connected, or try again later."

HP software support stinks.  One would think that it would be easy to do a simnple scan with a "all-in-one" printer specificially designed to do scans.  Yet virtually every time I want to do a scan (once every month or two) I need to debug and reinstall the software.  

What is easy is using my iPhone app to do scans.  All my HP scanner is good for is wasting my time.

HP Recommended

@keisele81

Thank you for the update,
I appreciate your time and efforts,

I understand you feel that the HP easy scan isn't easy to use,

However, Have you tried using the other Softwares advised by the last tech,

Software such as HP Scan software and Apple Image Capture: Click here for information

You may also utilize the HP AiO Printer Remote App (Android & Apple) as an alternative to the Easy Scan: Click here for details.

Let me know how that pans out, 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I appreciate the suggestions, but that misses the point.

The old Hp Scan was easy. I put the icon on the desktop, and my wife could click it, put a stack of papers in the document feeder, and scan 10 pages into a PDF. But since I have current OS, I can no longer use it.

Virtually every time we have tried to use Easy Scan I've had to reinstall it, at least 15 minutes wasted. Often more time wasted searching forums to only find that easy Scan does not work.

My point is that a major manufacturer that sells all-in-one machines that are advertised to Scan should provide simple, easy software to do so. HP has failed in this. Directing me to the Apple scanning SW should not be a HP solution. HP needs to fix the HP SW so that it is actually easy.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.