Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 110e All in One D411
Vista

I have owned the printer for almost two years and during the last three or four months the control panel has intermittently only shown a revolving HP logo.  Today, however, it has gone completely blank.  It is switched on and wireless connected but when I try to print, it won't and shows as being offline.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Joan1Eliz , and welcome to the HP Forums!

I can see from your post that you are experiencing panel issues. I would like to try and help with that!

I would first recommend a power reset on the printer.  Disconnect the power cord from the printer and the power outlet, then wait 60 seconds. After 60 seconds, plug the printer back in. Ensure you plug the printer directly to a wall outlet. Make sure to bypass any sort of surge protector or power bar.

I would also suggest plugging the printer power into a different wall outlet. 

Good luck and please let me know the results of your troubleshooting steps. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Joan1Eliz , and welcome to the HP Forums!

I can see from your post that you are experiencing panel issues. I would like to try and help with that!

I would first recommend a power reset on the printer.  Disconnect the power cord from the printer and the power outlet, then wait 60 seconds. After 60 seconds, plug the printer back in. Ensure you plug the printer directly to a wall outlet. Make sure to bypass any sort of surge protector or power bar.

I would also suggest plugging the printer power into a different wall outlet. 

Good luck and please let me know the results of your troubleshooting steps. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.
HP Recommended

Hi Jamieson

Thanks for your help.  The panel is still going to blank after a period of time but it has restored itself each time I follow your welcome instructions.  As it is printing whether or not the panel is on, I am accepting that, overall, the problem is "solved" and I can reboot it whenever I want to use the panel icons.

Once again, thank you.

Joan1Eliz

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help problem resolved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.