Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy

Hi Team!

We bought via amazon.de HP Envy 4520 All-in-one. Just tried to install and connect it wireless to my HP Pavilion G6. Our laptop was updated for free to Windows 10 about 6 months ago, as kindly prompted by HP.

The installation disk of HP Envy says it works with Windows 10. But the message on HP site says - it has not been tested with Windows 10 and they will not produce drivers for Windows 10!

Please, help me and advise me - what should I do, how to connect both devices, the laptop doesn't find the All-in-one device?!?! The test reports for wireless network test results went ok, no problems found. However the printer is not find by the laptop.

Or, can I go back to my previous Windows version? How?

If I can't do anything, I would be forced to return the device........

Regards,

mirakirova

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Please Uninstall and Reinstall the FULL feature software following these steps:

1. Uninstall the software in your computer
2. Download and save the FULL feature software (do not install it online)

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-4520-all-in-one-printer-series/5447920/model...

3. Install the FULL feature “Saved” software

Once you have downloaded and installed the FULL feature software, you will be able to print and scan.

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-4520-all-in-one-printer-series/5447920/model...

Once you have downloaded and installed the FULL feature software, you will be able to print and scan.

Hope that helps!

HP Recommended

Hi, 

Thanks a lot, I will try. It means I will have to turn back to originally Windows 7, with which I bought the laptop, correct? Then download, save and after that install the full version of Windows 10.

I'll come later to give you a feedback on the result.

HP Recommended

Hi

You do not need to downgrade back to Windows 7.

The link we provided was the software for your printer for Windows 10.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi!

Thanks so much for your support! It worked out. Laptop and printer - connected and working 🙂

So glad there was a solution, I appreciate it! That is why I use HP products with original software!!!

Regards,

mirakirova

HP Recommended

Hi,

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and all is working well now.

Have a nice day!

HP Recommended

i have followed the link and instruction's

@greenturtle wrote:

Hi,

Hope that helps!

but still get the unavailable driver message

HP Recommended

Hi @Genesis1971

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with your HP ENVY 4520 All-in-One Printer wherein you get a message that drivers are not available.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue.

Step 1: Uninstall the Drivers:

Please follow the steps provided to uninstall the printer software in the link: Uninstalling the Printer Software (Windows)

Also, please follow the steps provided below to completely remove the printer software from printer properties.

Steps to remove printer driver files from Print Server Properties:

1. Open the Print Server Properties dialog window by doing one of the following:
    • Click the Start menu and in the search field type 'printui /s /t2' (without the quotes), and then press Enter or click it in the search list.
    • Press WINDOWS-R on the keyboard to bring up the Run window, type in 'printui /s /t2' (without the quotes), and then press Enter or click OK.
    • From the Start menu or the Start screen:
    • Open Devices and Printers.
    • Select any printer and then click "Print server properties" at the top of the window.
    • Click on the Drivers tab.
  2. Select the printer driver you wish to uninstall.
  3. Click the Remove button.
  4. Select "Remove driver and driver package" and click OK.

Step 2: Download and install the Drivers from the link: Full Feature Software and Drivers

If the issue persists, then you may contact HP phone support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.