Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi - I just purchased an Envy 4522 from Costco. It comes with a free download of photo editing software called PhotoPlus X7. When I go to register the product key at the vendor's (Serif) website, it says the "product key is expired". Investigating their site shows that they have discontinued the PhotoPlus software.

There is no way to reach customer service at this company.

There is also no way that I have found to pose this question to customer service at HP, that's why I'm asking for help through the Forum.

Why is HP promoting this expired "benefit" to purchasers of its printers. And is there an alternative that HP is providing?

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you tried

https://community.serif.com/forum/70068/free-photoplus-x7-software-with-hp-printers

This is a software product from a third company, only God knows it would die and remove the product. Many small companies give away their end-of-life products and HOPE users will pay money for their new/upgrade products.

There is a new software which comes with HP new printers for free. From my view, it is a good software with a bit learning curve but if you needed more functions you still have to pay. 

Beleive me or not, nothing is free in this world, you may have to pay hidden cost for others to use a product and other people have to pay hidden cost for you to get it "free".

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.