Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

That solved the problem...thank you so much for your help and patience!! I'm very impressed with HP support!!

HP Recommended

I've been following this thread to try to determine why my ENVY 7640 no longer talks wirelessly to my MacBook Air running OS Sierra 10.12.1  I have followed every step outlined, resetting my printer system several times and reinstalling HP-ENVY-7640-series_v12.39.0.dmg software multiple times including via USB cable.

The printer works fine as a printer but scanning only works over USB, not wireless.  It used to work fine over wireless too but seems to have stopped presumably after the Apple upgrade to Sierra.

I had thought about firewall issues but that does not seem to be the answer.  I added exceptions for anything/everything HP related with no luck. Same thing with the firewall turned off completely.

After resetting my printers, I also ran First Aid on the disk with no errors found. Reset my modem/router, power cycled printer and restarted the Mac.  Reinstalled printer, followed directions to letter of the law but it still doesn't work wirelessly to scan.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.