Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet M1132 MFP
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Dear HP Support,

Pls kindly help me ASAP with the issue of connecting the HP LaserJet M1132 MFP to my MacBook Air Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

1- Once connected via USB there is only one popup message "The disk you are inserted was not readeble by this computer" 

2- Spent 3 days searching for the all kinds of drivers installing/uninstalling and other tricks didn't work…

3- Apple updates of HP printers support to version 5.0 aslo didn't managed

4- Also doesn't work on one of my colleague's PC which runs Windows at the first plug in, but properly woks on the other Windows PC where it has been preinstalled long time ago…so we can exclude any problems with the USB wire. 

My work is almost stocked because of this issue…Hope on your soonest reply with short and effective instructions and proper driver downloading links

Thanks,

Max

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@CapitanMINUSMA1

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! After reading your post I see that you are unable to print from your Mac through USB cable on HP LaserJet Pro M1132 printer. I would like to help you out with this issue today.

• Check the network and printer connection status.
  • Reset the print system.
  • Uninstall and reinstall the HP software.

Click here to refer the document and perform troubleshooting steps to fix this issue.

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help,

Please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up".

Let me know how you make out.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Sandytechy20,

Thanks for your reply!
For the last days of struggling with this issue and read so many information that I would like to ask you to make my life easier…
To be honest I'am not a fan of computer, programs and settings activities and I use it for work only.
The information that you sent to me via link was not helpfull at all, since there is no information about the connection via USB cable…
I don't need any wireless things, I just want my printer to do the simple things as printing and scannig.
I belive that I've described the problem that I have quite detailed and precised in my first application and I want to receive a simple answer with the WHAT TO DO instructions including proper drivers link to download.

PLEASE PAY MORE ATTENTION ON MY FIRST REQUEST AND TRY TO ANALYZE THE PROBLEM AND FIND THE SOLUTION INSTEAD OF GIVING ME SOME MORE USELESS LITTERATURE TO WASTE THE TIME.

I did Step #4 and waiting for the drivers link from you.

With hope on your understanding,
Max

HP Recommended

@CapitanMINUSMA1

Thanks for the reply.

I understand the situation well.

• Please try with the different USB cable.
  • Click here to check the solution for the similar issue in HP forums.
  • (though the title is different, these troubleshooting steps should fix the issue)

Let me know the outcome.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Good news now printer has been identified by Mac as a printer in System Settings - Printers - Add printer

BUT ITS CANT AUTHOMATICALLY FIND THE DRIVERS FROM APPLE SOUCE…

There are many links in net offered, but i don't really want to do any more of the experiments and screw up everything)

PLEASE SEND ME THE LINK TO THE PROPER DRIVERS TO BE INSTALLED ASAP REALLY NEED MY PRINTER OPERATIONAL WITHIN THE HOUR

Thanks!

HP Recommended

@CapitanMINUSMA1

Thanks for the reply.

Superb job on trying the different steps to isolate the issue.

Follow these steps to install the HP driver through Apple Software Update.

• Click the Apple menu, then click System Preferences.
  • Click Printers & Scanners.
  • Check if the name of your printer displays in the Printers list.
  • Click the Use or Print Using menu, then select the name of your printer.
  • Click Add to add the printer to the list.
  • Close the System Preferences window.
  • Try to print, scan, or fax, depending on your printer functionality.

Click here to refer the document and perform troubleshooting steps to fix this issue.

I hope it helps and if you feel I have answered your question and concerns,

Please mark this post as a solution accepted and Kudos would also be appreciated.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.