Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Hi,

I have had problem printing pdf files from within an application on my MacBook running MacOs Sierra and after contacting the developer and running many tests we came to the conclusion that the problem is related to  printer driver. You can reproduce the results by executing the following command in Terminal:

lp -d HP_1102w_USB -o media=iso-a4 -o InputSlot=AutoSelect "/Users/[username]/Desktop/[a pdf file name.pdf]"

which [username] and [a pdf file name.pdf] should be replaced by whatever suits your computer.

After executing this command, printer green light will blink showing that data is being transferred to the printer and after a short delay, orange light will start to blink showing that an error has happened. Sometimes a dialog box appears saying that paper should be loaded to Manual Tray to continue the printing but nothing will happen after loading paper into that tray and pressig the corresponding button on the printer.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@aze1,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to print pdf files from your HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer.

This issue could occur if the Adobe Reader is not updated to the latest version.

Let's go through a few steps to resolve this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link: Cannot Print PDFs from Adobe Reader

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.

I am not using Adobe Reader for printing PDF files on my mac and I have not even installed it because I use Preview for viewing and printing PDF files.

The issue I mentioned is related to another application which I intend to use for batch printing PDFs but it did not work on my Macbook. I contacted developer of that application and he tried to fix the problem in his app but after trying many changes he made he wanted me to check the command I mentioned and you can see that this command is not related to any applications like Adobe Reader or any other app. It is a basic Unix command for printing a PDF file on my printer using A4 paper and it does not work.

Regards,

Abolhassan Ziaebrahimi

HP Recommended

Hi! @aze1, I am the MrRobot. It looks like you were interacting with @Rainbow23, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Kudos to you for trying out the steps.

Have you tried printing using adobe reader and do you have issues printing from adobe reader?

If you are unable to print using adobe reader try updating the adobe reader to the latest version and check if it helps.

Update the adobe reader to 11.0.10 using this link.

If you are able to print using adobe reader it means, it is a problem with the application you are using to print the PDF's.

I'll watch your reply!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.