Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi aberwella,

Install with the driver in the HP web:

>> HP LaserJet P1000-P1500 Hostbased Plug and Play Basic Driver

* Click on KUDOS star to say thanks  :smileywink:     

* Click on the button Accepted Solution if the question is answered.

@ferRX / I am a volunteer posting answers on my own time.
HP Recommended

Hi friends I have solution with driver for Windows 8 32 bit. and works 100% without problems. Download it and install. In all probability working with Windows 8 64 bit.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=bi-54963-6&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...=

HP Recommended

Hello,

I also can't install the HP LaserJet 1005 series driver on my Windows 8.1 x64. Here is what I've done so far:

- downloaded ljP1000_P1500-HB-pnp-win64-en.exe

- started the installer program

- it successfully extracted installation data into C:\Program Files\HP\HP LaserJet P1000_P1500 Series

- (the printer's USB cable is not yet connected)

- A pop up window appears: "Waiting for user to connect the device."

- I connect the USB cable to the computer. The printer is turned on. (The USB cable is OK - verified on a different PC)

- However, the installer is unable to detect the connected printer. The following messages are reapeatedly written into the installer's log file:

[ 4- 6-2014 14:35:21:085]- LOG(8F0): IsNewDeviceConnected(vidpidList with 6 elements)
[ 4- 6-2014 14:35:21:153]- LOG(8F0): _GetUSBDevice(index=0, vidpid=VID_03F0&PID_3D17)
[ 4- 6-2014 14:35:21:220]- LOG(8F0): _GetUSBDevice first time so GetClassDevs
[ 4- 6-2014 14:35:21:287]- LOG(8F0): _GetUSBDevice(index=0, vidpid=VID_03F0&PID_4817)
[ 4- 6-2014 14:35:21:354]- LOG(8F0): _GetUSBDevice first time so GetClassDevs
[ 4- 6-2014 14:35:21:423]- LOG(8F0): _GetUSBDevice(index=0, vidpid=VID_03F0&PID_4917)
[ 4- 6-2014 14:35:21:492]- LOG(8F0): _GetUSBDevice first time so GetClassDevs
[ 4- 6-2014 14:35:21:559]- LOG(8F0): _GetUSBDevice(index=0, vidpid=VID_03F0&PID_3E17)
[ 4- 6-2014 14:35:21:625]- LOG(8F0): _GetUSBDevice first time so GetClassDevs
[ 4- 6-2014 14:35:21:692]- LOG(8F0): _GetUSBDevice(index=0, vidpid=VID_03F0&PID_3F17)
[ 4- 6-2014 14:35:21:760]- LOG(8F0): _GetUSBDevice first time so GetClassDevs
[ 4- 6-2014 14:35:21:828]- LOG(8F0): _GetUSBDevice(index=0, vidpid=VID_03F0&PID_4017)
[ 4- 6-2014 14:35:21:895]- LOG(8F0): _GetUSBDevice first time so GetClassDevs

- note that after connecting the printer's USB, the printer appeared in the Devices and Printers Windows view. However, when I click on Properties and Driver -> Hardware I get that no drivers have been loaded for it.

It looks like the program cannot find the connected printer it this is causing the failure. Here is a download link to the full log file: log.

Please advice on how to proceed in this situation. Please let me know if you need further information.

Best regards,

Atanas

HP Recommended

Drivers work from time to time. What I noticed is that when installing drivers for Intel chipset and  vdeo, then goes bad spooler.

HP Recommended

After a year of waiting for you I finally solved the issue myself.

You guys really messed up, especially that the solution should be obvious on your side. I believe that people who continue having problems with you drivers basically have non-english windows.

- I first unpacked the driver with winrar

- Then I edited the .inf file.  At the language settings LANGDIR variable only made sense for english and was pointing to nonexisting folders in other cases. So for my lanfuage I changed the settings to

LANGDIR         = "English"

If you now try adding the driver manually via control panel/printer and devices (I'm translating so the exact names can be different) , it will give you an error of no signature. To walk around that

- run windows in a mode that allows unsigned drivers and then install the driver manually

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/blogs/2012/08/06/getting-older-drivers-to-work-in-windows-8/

(I almost got a stroke at this step as the reboot options are not easy to find using non english windows - how typical for win8...)

after that the drivers work

HP Recommended

And what about for Windows 10 not that HP encouraged me to upgrade without warning the Windows 7 driver would not work......?????????

HP Recommended

Hi PawelG

Thank you very much, your solution worked for me 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.