Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Laserjet 1536dnf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi.

I have an Acer Veriton running latest Windows 10 x64 Pro French.

I have downloaded the latest driver :

hp_M1530_MFP_full_Solution_15188.exe (MD5 : 263FDA3EF13E2C35A86C617B33258A7D)

During install I have an error message at the end indicating that an operation take too long time to finish.

Because drivers seems to be installed, I just need to install the HP Toolbox to manage fax.

So I tried to install 'hp_M1530_MFP_full_Solution_15188\Setup\Product\Toolbox.msi' (MD5: 01DCBDFD5AA55CEBB8A312A94EFC6622)

The UAC prompt and block install. I've disabled SmartScreen & UAC, reboot computer. tried using msiexec in command line run as admin. Same result. I've tried FileUnsigner to remove digital certificate. Same result.

It seems that digital certificate has been revoked by HP (maybe because it was used to digitally sign a malware in 2014).

Any idea ?

Thanks,

Vincent

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have finaly retreived HP ToolBox files from an XP installation and put it in%PROGRAMFILES%\HP\ToolBox folder.

Now it works.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
Greetings @V-Duvernet,

I hope you will enjoy your experience on the HP Support Forums! I see by your post that you are not able to fully install the printer software. 

I believe that the install is trying to install the HP Universal printing PCL_5 or PCL_6 driver and causing the install to hang. I would disconnect the USB cable, uninstall and reinstall the printer software again. Immediately after connecting the USB cable, follow the steps in this document,  HP LaserJet Printers - A Fatal Error Displays During Software Installation. This should allow the installation to continue. Here is a link to access the Device Manager for Windows 10:  How to open Windows Device Manager.

If you are still having issues Unlock Hidden Administrator Account and install the printer on this account:

Note: Don't connect the USB cable in until prompted during the install.
Go to your Start menu and under the 'search programs and files' box type CMD.
CMD will populate as a search option above, just right click on it and 'run as administrator'.
Once CMD (Command Prompt) opens, type net user administrator /active:yes and hit enter.
Next, close CMD and restart your computer.
When your computer comes on, log into the new account that should show. It will be called Administrator and will not have a password on it.
If your computer automatically logs into your account after restart then go to your start menu click the arrow beside 'shutdown' and choose 'switch user'. Now log into the Administrator account we just unlocked.
Under the Administrator account, install the printer software.
Test the printer.
To turn off the Admin account start back at step 1 and type in net user administrator /active:no.

How is the printer connected?

If you appreciate the help, click the "Accept as Solution" and the "Thumbs Up". Please keep me posted. Regards,
Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi,

I cannot check for the moment. Computer needs RMA 😕

I'll check this ASAP.

Thanks for help.

Vincent

HP Recommended

Hi,

I've done what you say. Install finished but :

- I now have 2 Fax pinters displayed when selecting the HP printer (only 1 fax printer icon in Control Panel -> Printers)

- the folder is empty : C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\ToolboxFX\bin

- the other folder contain a few files : C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\ToolboxFX\products\HP LaserJet M1530 MFP

Vincent

HP Recommended

I have finaly retreived HP ToolBox files from an XP installation and put it in%PROGRAMFILES%\HP\ToolBox folder.

Now it works.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.