Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Does anyone know when a driver compatible for Windows 8.1 will be available for the office jet 4620 ?

Thanks

Kipp

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, it's available now here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi, it's available now here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I tried the download over what remained on my Laptop... failed.  

I uninstalled all the HP Software and removed the HP Printer (and Fax, etc) off the Device and Printer panel. 

I rebooted the Laptop.

I tried to run the download again..   ERROR MESSAGE:  Error 3006 Failed to add port monitor HP Discovery Port Monitor (HP Officejet 4620 series)

Now what?
Thanks
Kipp

HP Recommended

My bad ..  I didn't have the printer turned on when i got the Error 3006.   I turned the printer on and retried the download and it executed and installed perfectly.  The printer now works.

Thanks

Kipp

HP Recommended

I have Wondows 8.1 and tried to install my 4620 and it gave me the "message" above in the subject line.  The printer was turned on and I had used it successfully with an older desktop that was kind of put together.  What I'm working with now is a new Toshiba C55D-A5381 which came equiped with Windows 8.1.  Any thoughts?  I will google this, but wanted to try this forum first.

HP Recommended

@desert_traindid you download the 8.1 driver from the HP site?

HP Recommended
After being at this forum, I googled the thing again, and this time HP provided something that was a trouble shooting Wizard, "hppiw" (an installation wizard for windows) and it found a different driver, there was one compatible after all. So, I just went on and took care of it. Should have gotten back to the forum, but sometimes no one answers, so B-) I gathered that the "hppiw" was kind of a "fix almost anything" program, quite handy. Thanks for the reply, "professor" from Canada. We lived in Buffalo, NY for 18 years and had fond memories of visiting second cousins who lived in Toronto. Because we lived on the border, we watched Canadian television out of Toronto sometimes, we even learned to sing, "O Canada." Have a Merry Christmas.
HP Recommended

This thread has been locked, For more information on HPPIW please refer to the following support document:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02681060

The HP Printer Install Wizard is a support application from HP that assisted in downloading printer software. This support application is no longer supported by HP. The last update to this software was on September 22, 2015.

To download and install the latest version of software for your HP printer, please visit 123.hp.com, HP support website, or HP Support Assistant (in English).

I Work for HP
HP Recommended

This thread has been locked, For more information on HPPIW please refer to the following support document:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02681060

The HP Printer Install Wizard is a support application from HP that assisted in downloading printer software. This support application is no longer supported by HP. The last update to this software was on September 22, 2015.

To download and install the latest version of software for your HP printer, please visit 123.hp.com, HP support website, or HP Support Assistant (in English).

I Work for HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.