Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Office Jet 6600
Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Not really sure how to go about this and it might be a stupid question...but I have the software for my HP Office Jet 6600 and I want to hook it up to my macbook(running on El Capitan) and my HP desktop (running on windows 10). When I insterted the software to both computers it will not open...basically because my computers are running on newer software and the disc needs to run on for example version10.7 on my macbook but I am running on 10.11.4. Is there a fix for this??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi@tonnian_v

Follow these steps and let me know if it helps. 

Step 2: Connect the printer to the wireless network
The Wireless Setup Wizard provides an easy way to set up and manage the wireless connection to your printer.
  1. Press the Power button to turn on the printer.
  2. Touch the right arrow to display the second navigation screen.
  3. Touch Setup , and then touch Network.
  4. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard, and then touch Continue. The Wireless Setup Wizard searches for networks, and then displays them in a list.
  5. If necessary, touch the down arrow to scroll through the network names until you find yours.
  6. Touch the name of your network, and then touch OK.
    If the list does not contain your network name, touch Refresh. The Wireless Setup Wizard searches for networks again, and then displays them in another list. Check the list for your network.
    • If you still do not see your network name on the printer control panel, enter it manually.
  7. If prompted, enter the WEP key or WPA key:
    • How to enter a WEP key or WPA key
 NOTE:
If a connection error message displays, make sure the network name and security key are correct, and then follow the prompts to enter the information again.
Step 3: Download and install the driver
Download and install the most current version of your printer full feature software from the HP website.

1. Go to 123.hp.com.
  2. Type your printer model into the Enter your device's model number to begin box.
  3. Select your printer from the dropdown menu, and then click Begin.
  4. Click Download.
  5. When the download is complete, click the file named xxxx.dmg in the browser downloads bar or in the downloads folder to launch the installer.
    Figure : Example of the xxxx.dmg file in the browser downloads bar
    Example of the xxxx.dmg file in the browser downloads bar
    Figure : Example of the xxxx.dmg file in the Mac downloads folder
    Example of the xxxx.dmg file in the Mac downloads folder
  6. In the installer window, double click HP Inkjet SW.
    Figure : Example of HP Inkjet SW in the installer window
    HP Inkjet SW in the installer window
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
  8. When prompted, close the installation software.
    The HP Utility software opens.
  9. In the HP Utility Setup window, select the name of your printer, and then click Continue.
  10. Click Add Printer.
    The Add window displays.
  11. Click the name of your printer.
    Make sure you select the printer that has Bonjour listed under Kind.
  12. Click the Use or Print Using menu, and then select the name of your printer in the drop-down menu.
  13. Figure : Select the name of your printer in the Use menu
    Image: Select the name of your printer in the Use menu
  14. Click Add to add the printer to the list.
  15. In the installer Add Printer window, click Continue.
  16. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the printer setup, and then click Done

To simply say thanksplease click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my    efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi@tonnian_v

Follow these steps and let me know if it helps. 

Step 2: Connect the printer to the wireless network
The Wireless Setup Wizard provides an easy way to set up and manage the wireless connection to your printer.
  1. Press the Power button to turn on the printer.
  2. Touch the right arrow to display the second navigation screen.
  3. Touch Setup , and then touch Network.
  4. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard, and then touch Continue. The Wireless Setup Wizard searches for networks, and then displays them in a list.
  5. If necessary, touch the down arrow to scroll through the network names until you find yours.
  6. Touch the name of your network, and then touch OK.
    If the list does not contain your network name, touch Refresh. The Wireless Setup Wizard searches for networks again, and then displays them in another list. Check the list for your network.
    • If you still do not see your network name on the printer control panel, enter it manually.
  7. If prompted, enter the WEP key or WPA key:
    • How to enter a WEP key or WPA key
 NOTE:
If a connection error message displays, make sure the network name and security key are correct, and then follow the prompts to enter the information again.
Step 3: Download and install the driver
Download and install the most current version of your printer full feature software from the HP website.

1. Go to 123.hp.com.
  2. Type your printer model into the Enter your device's model number to begin box.
  3. Select your printer from the dropdown menu, and then click Begin.
  4. Click Download.
  5. When the download is complete, click the file named xxxx.dmg in the browser downloads bar or in the downloads folder to launch the installer.
    Figure : Example of the xxxx.dmg file in the browser downloads bar
    Example of the xxxx.dmg file in the browser downloads bar
    Figure : Example of the xxxx.dmg file in the Mac downloads folder
    Example of the xxxx.dmg file in the Mac downloads folder
  6. In the installer window, double click HP Inkjet SW.
    Figure : Example of HP Inkjet SW in the installer window
    HP Inkjet SW in the installer window
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
  8. When prompted, close the installation software.
    The HP Utility software opens.
  9. In the HP Utility Setup window, select the name of your printer, and then click Continue.
  10. Click Add Printer.
    The Add window displays.
  11. Click the name of your printer.
    Make sure you select the printer that has Bonjour listed under Kind.
  12. Click the Use or Print Using menu, and then select the name of your printer in the drop-down menu.
  13. Figure : Select the name of your printer in the Use menu
    Image: Select the name of your printer in the Use menu
  14. Click Add to add the printer to the list.
  15. In the installer Add Printer window, click Continue.
  16. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the printer setup, and then click Done

To simply say thanksplease click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my    efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 

HP Recommended

Ahh it works! Thank you so much!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.