Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Just today the printer in my office has started to make a grinding/clicking noise whenever I print. I can still print but it doesnt sound right. I've opened it up and had a look and can't really see any problems. I had printed earlier on today and there was no issue and I left something to print when I nipped out and as I came back in I could hear it making those noises.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @MCNLTDOFFICE – Hope you are well 🙂

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! I read your post about the printer issue and I am happy to look into this issue for you!

I see that the printer is making noisy operation while trying to print. This issue normally happens when the print carriage cannot move freely or the printer is insufficiently powered. I would suggest you reinstall the cartridges and follow the steps mentioned under “Step 4” in this document: http://hp.care/2htjBqQ

Once done try performing a hard reset on the printer. Follow the steps below:

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Remove USB cable, if present.
  • Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
  • Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! I read your post about the printer issue and I am happy to look into this issue for you!

I see that the printer is making noisy operation while trying to print. This issue normally happens when the print carriage cannot move freely or the printer is insufficiently powered. I would suggest you reinstall the cartridges and follow the steps mentioned under “Step 4” in this document: http://hp.care/2htjBqQ

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
  • Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

@Dvortex wrote:

Cheers 🙂

Many thanks for your help, tried the steps as advised and it doesnt seem to making that noise anymore so will see how it goes!

Again thanks for your help 🙂

HP Recommended

I am not an HP employer, but has a Officejet 7510 printer, and my advice is get rid of it and buy yourself a new printer, if you can stay away from HP go for something else.

Take my word for it HP will not help you, I talk of experiance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.